This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery suddenly drained

I hope someone can help as this has happened a few times to me - I’ve got a Garmin Instinct Solar surf, in the day the battery said it has 17 days left, went to bed (I have the watch set so it stops tracking after 9pm & starts at 5.30am) and it said I had like 40 days. 
Woke this am and the battery has gone and watch is off. 
Any help would be much appreciated as I’ve asked Garmin a few times and not got much help. 

• After issues with two Vivoactive 3's (dysfunctional replacement sent to me to replace dysfunctional original) and Instinct's tendency to stop my activities and erase  the data, I have found that Garmin has been of no help whatsoever, except to blame me for the issues. Lame.  I'm sure they have millions of very unhappy customers but they're very busy in the lab and field creating more illusions to sell to a billion other potential "smartwatch" consumers they haven't duped yet.

• Tbf when contacting Garmin I am still waiting fir a response which isn’t me paying to send a defected watch back and only get a refurbished watch in return. 

• Garmin is either using our addiction to these smart watches to suck our bank accounts dry or they're really, really incompetent in developing and producing products that actually do what Garmin says they will do. 

According to Garmin,, my fitness level hasn't increased in the two years I've been using the vivoactive 3, in fact it has declined according to Garmin. This in spite of Garmin claiming I take more steps, spend more hours running and doing other fitness activities, and run more miles than 99% of all other users. Just sayin.

• It’s a disgrace! Found out that my wife’s forerunner 45s tells her far more fitness information than my £300 instinct solar. When questioning Garmin I get told that the instinct is an ‘adventure’ watch not a fitness watch (even though it offers running, cycling etc). Guess mountain hiking doesn’t need to know vo2 max. Their reply was - buy the instinct 2. 
    wish I could post somewhere the awful customer service issues by Garmin. 

• wish I could post somewhere the awful customer service issues by Garmin. 

How exactly is Garmin Customer Support responsible for your wrong choice of the product? You should have checked the specifications before the purchase, or have the watch exchanged within a few days after the mistaken purchase for another model that suits you better.

• So you agree that ‘adventure’ isn’t deemed worthy of vo2 max??? I ask for an explanation as to WHY it didn’t provide vo2 max when it seems all other Garmins do and got told it’s because it’s adventure watch. If it’s adventure why offer running, cycling on the watch????? But hey, I guess that my fault for thinking that running and cycling is fitness!!!!!!!!

• So you agree that ‘adventure’ isn’t deemed worthy of vo2 max???

Yes, of course, I do. Instinct was designed in its time as an outdoor watch with the main focus on battery life while keeping the cost low, hence many CPU-hungry features had to be sacrificed in the sake of the battery life. VO₂max, Connect IQ, and other features were among them. 

In the meantime the technology and the hardware progressed, hence the second generation of Instinct already does offer all of that, while still offering excellent battery life, while still costing much less than the top models.

If you purchased Garmin Instinct knowing that you want VO₂max, then you can blame nobody but yourself for not doing your homework before the purchase. There are plenty of other Garmin models offering it for the same or even lower price.

• Low cost ha ha ha ha £300??  guessing your minted then!!! Excellent battery life - mine has drained to 0 from 20 days over night (and before you say it, no sleep tracking on or activities on. Watch set to battery saver mode from 9pm Thumbsup tone2Thumbsup tone2Thumbsup tone2Thumbsup tone2) read the original post! 

why offer running? Cycling etc if for ‘adventure’ read the post!!! 
    also, look at the trust pilot comments on Garmin… get answering all those aswell. But hey, everyone is wrong! 

• Your not worth talking to - read 90% of the trust pilots! 1.7 rating out of 5 with majority customer service Thumbsup tone2

• Low cost ha ha ha ha £300??

Yes, exactly, Instinct is a low end model. Did you see the prices of other smartwatches with comparable parameters?

mine has drained to 0 from 20 days over night

If it is that case, then it is either misconfigured or defectuous. If the factory reset did not help, and you refused the replacement, then I do understand what other solution you expect. Sell it on eBay, and buy a better brand, if you know one.