This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FOR THE GARMIN TEC LEADER, AND ITS DEVELOPERS, AND USERS.

Good afternoon everyone, I would like to call everyone for a serious discussion about the updates of our watch every instict line, in my case it's the surf version, I'm a software developer and I'm watching the latest updates and the amount of complaints, the Regarding defects and problems that we are having, I already bought my scroll about 6 months ago and it's shameful what the developers are doing, in my case about wave detection is a joke, but not even the normal functioning of the watch happens, invalid battery status after update, altimeter is a joke, among others, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY TECHNICAL LEADER IN GARMIN ENGINEERING TO CLEARLY ANSWER ABOUT THESE CONSTANT REGRECION BUGS, IS IT LACK OF PROFESSIONAL? PLEASE ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS DECENTLY

• Won't happen. This thread will soon be locked. I tried similar discussions. No one is interested. The fan boys will say something not connected to what you are saying. Support will either really not understand you or simply not be interested in solving your problems, as it would mean putting their own job on line.

There is a lot to rightly criticise about Garmin. Garmin's thinking has for a long time been: If 85 per cent of people keep their watch because it mostly is okay for them, then we keep 85 per cent of the money, and that is enough for us. There is a sufficiently big network of influencers on Youtube that Garmin takes care of, not by direct bribes, but by early access, which translates into cash. The correct questions are never asked. It's always about the bling-bling, the number of features. It's quantity over quality. It's not about pride for making the best possible product, it's about paying the mortgage.

Welcome to the world. Give up now, it's just a waste of time.

• It's quite pathetic isn't? None of this software is ground breaking stuff. 

Just release the source and a how-to to compile a update package and we'll sort it for them for free!

Maybe they'll see the bigger picture that selling enthusiast hardware can be quite the money spinner with people releasing software features for free...