This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Gap between bezel and display glass on Instinct Solar

Anyone else got this problem of a gap between the display glass and bezel? Only the top quarter of the screen for mine. I noticed a hair was caught under my bezel today which made me investigate further. I bet this is going to gather dirt...  Seems waterproof in quick test under a tap.

• I tried your paper test with 2 base Instinct watches and also with my Instinct Solar. I could not get the edge of my paper to go as far under the bezel edge as you did in your picture example. At most, I managed maybe 1-2mm.

The concern is that even though your watch may be holding its water rating, it could slowly degrade if even a hint of water gets in over a long enough period of time. It would be best to consider warranty replacing it with Outdoor Support in your region.

• Thanks Chris for testing. Do you know if Garmin warranty replace with a new device or refurbished/like new? I guess I could also just go back to the shop... 

• Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region. They will go over the options.

If you just bought your watch, please return it back to the vendor immediately. As long as you are within their normal return period that all vendors provide in case there are any production issues or a hardware failure, they will exchange it and will provide you with a new in the box replacement. Otherwise, please reach out to Product Support. We will be happy to take care of the issue.