Strength Training Weight

Hello! I apologise if this isn’t the correct thread to ask this question, but apparently Garmin Forums isn’t very user friendly on mobile in terms of searching for threads Sweat smile

Would just like to clarify- for the “weight” data field under the Strength Training activity, should the weight entered be that of 1 dumbbell, or the total of both dumbbells? So for example, if I was using 2x 5.5KG dumbbells for my workout, should I key in 5.5kg, or 11kg into the data field?

Thanks much! This is the first time I’ve decided to put in effort into using the Strength Training activity instead of logging all my strength workouts as cardio (oops, I know).

• I can't tell you what the absolute correct answer is. However, I simply use one weight, and one set of reps. So as an example, if I had a 15lb weight in each hand, and performed 10 reps in each hand, I would only count 10 reps on and 15lbs on each field . I just figured each arm was only receiving the benefit of 15lbs for 10 reps.

• This thread is from a year ago, but I'm here to help you out nonetheless! I understand that navigating Garmin Forums on mobile can be a bit challenging when it comes to finding specific threads. No worries, though—I've got your back!
    To answer your question about the ""weight"" data field in the Strength Training activity on your exercise app, you should enter the total weight of both dumbbells. So, if you were using 2x 5.5KG dumbbells, you would enter 11kg into the data field. It's all about capturing the combined weight you're lifting during your workout.