Wrong Activity Tracked

Hi All,

I got my first Garmin Instinct Solar two months ago.

For the last 4 or 5 days, something funny has been happening (on and off). I start tracking a specific activity, I confirm that it's running, GPS on, etc. and go do my thing. When I later on go back to the activity to stop it and save it, the selected activity has changed. I initially believed that I had not paid proper attention and had misselected the activity, but that isn't the case.

Is it possible that my sleeve could press a button or two and change the activity while it's running? Is that even possible?

It's really annoying since some of the features (such as the GPS) aren't ON on certain activities. Today I started tracking a walk and ended up with something else without the GPS...

Any ideas? Thanks!

• I am sorry your watch is acting odd. It doesn't add up in any terms of normal. When you are recording an activity, you can accidentally press the top right button but you cannot accidentally change the activity without stopping it and saving or discarding it. We can rule out that scenario.

When this occurs while recording an activity, this will sound silly but is relevant, how do you know the activity you initially started recording has since changed during the activity to another one? (IE: Does Garmin Connect show you a different activity type when you synced it? etc etc)

• In addition to what Chris said, do you see the same history of activities both on the watch and on the phone/website? And do the date and time look correct? Maybe synchronization is not happening correctly. Maybe you are seeing old activities uploaded at the wrong time.