Is "Retrieving Tide Data" still not working for the Instinct Solar Surf edition??

I bought my watch a week ago and I really like it. The only problem so far is that the watch face that shows the tide keeps giving me a "Retrieving Tide Data" message and I can't seem to fix it. At one point it was working but the message is back again and I can't get the tide to display.

Is this a frequent occurrence? I've seen other threads with similar issues but nothing that looks like a solution.

• I too have this issue fairly frequent. I've had the instinct solar surf for about half a year now and it will refuse to give me tide data for about half to a full day approximately twice a month (ballpark). Main display says 'Retrieving Tide Data' and trying to access tide data via 'Tides'-activity results in 'Error, Tide information request failed!'

Since no amount of restarting / resetting / re-installing / re-connecting of either watch or phone has ever helped to fix this instantly, but the issue just seems to resolve itself after a while I now have  the feeling this is a server side issue (i.e., between GC and whatever server supplies the tide data)*. The weather widget, which seem to work in a similar fashion (data request made to external server via GC), usually works well.

I've never experienced any difference between all the different firmware versions regarding this specific issue.

*note: all personal assumptions, not backed-up by any real know-how, since information is sparsely available...

• I have the same issue with my unit. The fail used to be sporadic, but after updating the firmware a couple week ago, the tidal data retrieval has never successful even once. 

• Contradictory to what I said earlier, this time a reset did solve this issue for me. Be advised however that you will lose your locations for tide this way (even if you back up your locations and settings .fit files)

• That’s a good news! I only have one tidal station, so the impact is minimal for me.

Could you kindly tell me how to “reset”? Just turn off and on?

• Menu > Settings > System > Reset :-)

• I was getting furious over the same problem - was ready to return the watch.  but by chance i clicked the "up" function key rather than the "back" function key and the data was there.  maybe its a software bug, maybe by design but it is really annoying although the tide data for 7 days was refreshed - grrrr.

• After 18 months of also suffering the frustration of this issue, I think I have finally solved it.

The watch seems to default to “current location” but you want it to retrieve data for your favourite beach.

1. Physically go to the actual location where you want the tide data
    2. Ensure you watch is connected to your phone
    3. Go to the “Tides” widget
    4. Select current location --> you’ll see “Acquiring Satellites” and then the tide data for the location should come up
    5. Go to “Tides” widget --> Recent --> Select the location you just found the tide data for (it should be shown as the beach, town etc) --> Save
    6. Go back to the main watch screen --> Hold down the menu button --> Watch Face --> Select a face which has the tide data in the top left corner --> Set Favorite Beach --> Then select the location you just saved

I also found that entering co-ordinates seems to be a waste of time.

I hope this works for you all. I love this watch but the not having the tides when surfing (or even walking to the beach when leaving my phone at home) has been driving me crazy.

Happy surfing.

• Unfortunately when I come to my fav beach it's still "No tide data at current location", I was try it on different beaches around Auckland, NZ. It looks like software issue or firmware bug or something. If @Chris see this message, please give us any feedback. Tha.

• Doesn't work for me in NSW either. Terrible watch.