Anybody having issues with intensity minutes? Solar tactical on 11.00

I’ve just started wearing my Instinct Solar Tactical and have noticed just through everyday hard activity, it would register movement to intensity minutes. Lately it just shows zero on the watch and the “card” doesn’t show in the app (even though it’s assigned as third cars down) . Just curious if I’m missing a setting or something. Thanks

• Read the document How Does the Intensity Minutes Feature Work on My Garmin Watch?

And then especially this paragraph:

In order to earn intensity minutes credit, you must reach or exceed 10 consecutive minutes where your heart rate is elevated above the threshold that is considered moderate intensity

• Thanks for that, great help article- I am familiar with Garmin Intensity Minute system.

It is a change in function that I’m experiencing. Getting the heart rate up with everyday activity would register moderate intensity for me.

This case scenario is raking 200 yards of gravel vigorously etc. used to show up as moderate intensity- now shows zero. So, there is a change with the same watch not registering intensity minutes. Hope that clarifies the problem a little. Just checking with the community to see if anyone else is having issues or is it my watch. 

• This case scenario is raking 200 yards of gravel vigorously etc. used to show up as moderate intensity- now shows zero.

Not sure how fast you do 200 yards, and whether it is on a bike or running, but I'd tell that in both cases it would be shorter than 10 minutes, hence you can barely get any Intensity Minutes for the 200 yards alone. You can only get IM for activity above the threshold if it lasts more than 10 consecutive minutes, so the 200 yards gravel ride or run would have to continue with a longer rather high-intensity run (or ride). You better post a link to the concerned activity and make it public, so that we can have a look at the HR graph, and at the HR Zone times.

• My intensity minutes is working fine on Solar 11.00. Nothing has changed for me.

• Raking as in moving gravel on a driveway with a rake at a good clip- enough to be breathing hard for over an hour. Actual work. 

• I actually wasn’t recording an activity- I was just working but in Sept through October, as I was working on two houses, it would register the “work” as moderate intensity minutes and now it’s not. I’ll just reset and re-pair the watch. That usually fixes most issues

• I actually wasn’t recording an activity- I was just working

OK, I see, in that case post the HR graph for that day, preferably a bigger version from GC Web (not GC mobile), and a screenshot of the settings of your HR Zones in Device Settings » User Settings.

• I see what you are doing there with the graph that’s really a great way to evaluate my HR zone settings and see what the hardware sensor is doing-

1. I’ve got to wear the watch more consistently to get a more clear  picture of my HR.
    And 2. I need to do an actual work out- I’ve been so busy with tractor work etc.

I wore my IST everyday when prepping two houses - 1 to move and the other to sell- I just wore my instinct in power save mode- got all kinds of intensity minutes but that was moving constantly throughout the day and picked up by accelerometer.

So fast forward to now with the intermittent wearing of the watch not in power save mode, it’s using my HR and jumping on and off the tractor, lifting heavy things for a few minutes isn’t going to register- but it “felt” like it should have in comparison to my earlier experience.

When I saw all my broken HR graphs- it all made sense. 

all that to say thanks Trux!