This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Instinct Solar has the same batteries as the first generation

Since September 1, he has been testing batteries in Garmin Instinct and Garmin instinct Solar watches

The battery lasted in both watches until September 16.

The specifications show that the first generation garmin instinct should last 14 days and tested it with a 24/7 heart rate measurement it lasted 16 days! so it is better to buy this watch than the Garmin Instinct Solar, which in the specification has 24 to 54 days in charging mode solar energy - In my opinion it does not work, because it keeps the same amount of time as the first generation !! Soon I will start recording videos on the YouTube channel comparing both watches, what are the differences between them. At the moment, I am very disappointed with the Garmin Instinct Solar model.

• I turned off everything.
    I only set the heart rate measurement and it lasts 17 days and several hours. Far from the watch until 24 days (and I was in the sun for a few days)

• I only set the heart rate measurement and it lasts 17 days and several hours. Far from the watch until 24 days (and I was in the sun for a few days)

Well, if it was really from the full charge to the complete halt, contact the reseller or the Support and ask for a replacement, or a refund. Or ask them to correct the specifications.

• I use the watch to monitor strength training and by advertising I will not be able to monitor the first generation I gave to a friend.

And what if I wait 2 weeks and send me the same watch with still low battery life

• And what if I wait 2 weeks and send me the same watch with still low battery life

Then you can either ask for a refund (if it is not acceptable), or live with it (if it is).

• If you had returned the watch a month ago it would already be sorted out by now. If you are this dissatisfied with your present watch there is nothing to be gained by keeping it.

• To the question of autonomy in navigation mode. The watch was pre-charged to 100%. The route track is loaded in the clock. The total length is 35 km at an altitude of 1500 m to 3000 m. On the first day, the watch was continuously used in navigation and track recording mode for 0: 58: 14 and 7:11: 28. 1:18:23 + 0:00:15 + 6:12:00. Thus, the total operating time in navigation mode was about 16 hours. The battery indicator showed a forecast for another 16 hours when navigation was enabled. After disabling navigation, the work forecast indicated 8 days. Thus, we can assume that Garmin's claim that Instinkt Solar works for up to 30 hours in GPS mode is close to reality.

• I am already after replacing the watch. I made updates to version 11. I have fully charged and we will see what the battery report will look like this time.

• obviously your watch has a problem. i have instinct solar it lasts 24-25 days without solar charge. when i place the watch under  sunlight 4-5 hours straight it gives me at least 10% battery boost which equals to 3-4 days battery life. 

• Now I will see how long my new copy will last.

If you want to help me compare please check how much battery life is in 24 hours. If you want to help me more, check how much your battery is dropping overnight until the morning when you get up and give me the exact time, e.g. 22:00 to 7:00.

• Hi, congratulations on a successful complaint.
    The information is already here. Up to 1% per night if oxygen saturation is not switched on. In 24 hours without sun and activities about 1-3%. A few hours of sun is enough to be in the morning as well as in the evening in%. The watch charges for more hours.