Is my battery defective?

I know I see a lot of posts about battery life on the i2 solar so I am sorry for repetitive question.

I bought the i2 a few weeks ago and my settings are as follows:

- Pulse ox = night only

- Heart Rate = on

- Bluetooth = on (off at night with my battery saver automatically enabled during sleep)

- Backlight = 40% at night

- GPS = normal GPS mode. I use GPS for roughly 20-30 mins a day during my workout.

- Battery Saved Mode = enabled at night

I have reviewed this article and have tried just turning things off to see what the results would be. 

Based on this article there seems to be a "smartwatch mode" that I can enable that will give me 28 days (unlimited with 3 hours 50k).. I cannot find this anywhere. If I go to Menu >> Power Manager I see "Battery Saver" and "Power Modes". If I go to Power Modes I see "Max Battery" or "Jacket Mode". 

If I charge it up to 100% I get 10 days it says. Currently I am 54% and it says 5 days left. When I am charged up to 100% I have tried the "Max Battery" mode just to see what happens and I never ever saw anywhere a "28 days" estimate so I am trying to figure out how to get there, or at least more than 10. 

If I enable Battery Saver mode I should see a "65d" for 65 days on my screen according to documentation and if not "65d" then something somewhat close, right? 

Fully charged turning battery saver mode on I see 11d on mine. Thats basically 1/6 of what I should be getting, right? I'd be happy even if I saw 30 days? 

My Battery Saver mode is mostly untouched I think, settings as follows:

Watch Face=low power

Phone=off

Heart Rate=on (if I turn it OFF it says +54 days but that doesn't make sense why Smart Watch mode can have it on and still get 28 days)

Pulse ox=off except for sleep its on

Backlight=off

1) How do you enable smartwatch mode? Am I missing it? I am on 9.15 but it wasn't there in 8.x or whatever the current public release is. 

2) Is this normal or do I have a defective battery in some way? This has been the same way since I took it out of the box and I'd like to get it serviced if something is wrong!