This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tactix 7 Software Version 13.22 - Backlight Bug

THE PROBLEM:
On my watch, I have the backlight turned off During activity, General Use, and During Sleep. Still, the backlight turns on.

HOW THE PROBLEM APPEARS:
When you start an activity, a forced backlight on the black screen, "wait for GPS," turns on—the backlight then can not be turned off until there is a GPS lock.

Also, whenever you look at the map data screen, the backlight turns on during the activity.

The same behavior also shows when you want to use hotkeys to save a position.

WHEN THE PROBLEM STARTED:
This backlight bug shows after upgrading to software version 13.22 and is 100% reproducible.

The Tactix 7 is otherwise a perfect watch. Thank you for your time.

Top Replies

All Replies

• but you will also have this backlight error. Heart rate widget lights up. Activity always start light on. Start the map, confirm the altitude and the light goes on.

• Yes, but not the saved locations error.

• Thank you. I will look into your report and the other customer further.

Please keep all posts in this thread strictly to the Backlight questions being asked. For all other issues that are coming up with v13.22, please make a  new thread. It is critical for tracking. Thank you everyone.

• Hi Chris,

Issue with back-light turning on with long-press on heart-rate replicated on my F7XSS v13.22 (I did normally intend to have the screen light-up on touch - but changed settings for this topic). Activities bug not checked.

To further expand, the issue also appear after entering the "sun up-down time field" from the (standard) watch face and then scrolls into the "sun-position" field/screen.

The back-light also turn on, from notifications (SMS, Email etc.). May be it is related? At least I see no option to disable it. 

Thanks for the gradual improvements since feb. 2022. 

• Same here with sun position 

• Same issue on my Fenix 7X SS. It also turns the backlight on when I am taking a pulse ox measurement, looking at the sunrise map view, and heart rate among others. This is unfortunate and unnecessary. I have a button to turn on the light if I need it and I want the light to stay off unless I choose to turn it on. I have all of my settings set to keep the light off in all instances, key press, gesture, etc. and that is how I expect the watch to function. This is automating a feature that is not welcome and goes against my set parameters in the watch.

Also from a military or hunting standpoint where light discipline is a real concern, this could accidentally trigger an unintentional light discharge. Please remove this feature and thank you for taking the time to consider this. 

• especially with the tactix, the light goes on with every movement. Cleverly solved. you turn off the light, garmin says that's not a bug, that's a future and Garmin knows what's good.V

• sunrise map view

Thank you. I have added the Sunrise/Sunset glance "Sun Position" to the list of a potential unintended backlight being triggered.

• I'm with Jabirus here. Please don't switch on the light if the watch is set to "light only if button is pressed". I don't like the light to come on if I didn't have set it somewhere in the settings. Also this looks somewhat sporadic, some of the widgets switch the light on, others don't do that, why has Garmin decided to switch the light on for these?

What was wrong with the functionality in the firmwares before 13.22?