Outdoor Maps + : Could anyone explain in simple terms please what it is and who it is for?

Hey, guys/gals, just as the topic states, just curious of the benefits and why would one need or not to get the subscription. Thank you. 

• $49.99+Tax USD annual subscription to acquire multiple different types of USA only maps at this time. The subscription has been briefly available for our Outdoor handhelds that are compatible.

Outdoor Maps Plus

If the maps extend to other regions of the world and additional devices that are supported, the Support Center article will be updated.

Outdoor Maps Plus will show in our newer generation watches (Fenix 7 series, Epix 2, MARQ (Gen 2), Enduro 2, Tactix 7, D2 Mach One) in the Map Manager menu.

NOTE: For those in our Public Beta Software program and are already on the v11.24 Public Beta, the Outdoor Maps+ option already shows in the Map Manager menu but the feature is not fully ready yet.

• Buyers should be aware that all maps downloaded via Outdoor Maps+ automatically deactivate after the end of that annual plan’s renewal date. The maps will still be on your watch, but Garmin will prevent you from viewing them until you again renew your subscription.

Thus, it’s a perpetual $50/yr to keep using the Outdoor Maps+ product.

• This feature is for USA customer's, as we know, always has been, is this the  new way forward for Garmin? to offer just USA customer's the best new features?...

Why take away BirdsEye when you have no other alternative?... are you thinking about your European customers?, have you done this to exclude us, because that's what's happened. ... Seems a very unfair move.. 

• So unlike BirdsEye Commercial Imagery, it literally prevents you from seeing the maps/imagery on your watch after you stop subscribing?

• Outdoor Maps+ automatically deactivate after the end of that annual plan’s renewal date

Where did you find this information?

• is this the  new way forward for Garmin? to offer just USA customer's the best new features?

It is early days for the new feature. The USA having the ability first has more to do with the quality and wide variety of maps available in the United States.

I do not know if there will be other regions added but worth a mention, I have not been told there will NOT be other regions added over time.

When I check around the world, there remain many countries with little to no mapping. Their governments do not want digital maps readily available. There remain many countries with no maps or very few map options.

• Thank you for your reply...its much appreciated. 

: -) 

I'm in the UK, where Garmin already had satalite imagery coverage..the UK has great maps available, I even contribute to OSM myself... by adding to the maps, key changes etc.. I understand some countries are reluctant, but most of Europe is available, as well as many other countries, in fact most of the world was available with BirdsEye....

I was very much looking forward to having satalite imagery on my 7x like I have on my 5x plus... but there's no plans to make it available to Europe etc at the moment as you said.. So at the moment and for the foreseeable future this is a USA feature...it always was before hunt View.. and I'm excluded even though its on my watch,a completely redundant feature!...

I hope this is seriously looked at, because there's no point bringing out redundant features to the world ,if there's no plans to include the rest of us.

I'd love an official response from Garmin to say we are looking into this, to include everyone who has this redundant feature on their watch... I have 36,000 Garmin members in my unofficial group, and lots of us can't wait to see satalite imagery back on our Garmin watches.... So fingers crossed.  

• Reach out and direct emails to Product Support.

Edited for clarification: we removed the specific names given since they will not receive the email with how Product Support email works.

Anyone that has additional questions on the Outdoor Maps+ subscription outside of what is provided in the Support Center article, you are welcome to reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region.