This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wet sleeve touching the watch screen during a run has changed all fields on data screen on its own. Whaaat!!!?

So apparently a long touch on any data field during an activity enters the data screen configuration mode. That can't be turned off unless the entire touch is disabled. I don't know who in Garmin though that was a smart idea. That person apparently doesn't understand what conditions Fenix can be used in.

I my case I was trail running,. The weather was cool so I was wearing a long sleeve t-shirt, and the sleeve was covering my watch. Then at one point I realized that all 4 fields on the main data screen got changed to some other arbitrary fields. That is really really unacceptable for any serious outdoor usage. I know that I can turn touch off, but it has a lot of value on the map screen, and I use touch on the map screen a lot. 

Please, Garmin, there really has to be an option to enable touch only on the map screen! Short of that please remove this stupid quick configuration by touching the screen. It is really redundant because there are several other ways to achieve the same without changing the data screen unintentionally like it happened in my case. Or perhaps there should be some other way to disable this.  In my case there wasn't even a rain. The sleeve got slightly wet from the sweat. To me this watch behavior is simply unacceptable. I don't want to ever use touch for anything other than zooming and panning the map. If this happens during a trail race I'd have to stop and spend precious time fixing the data screen or get stuck with the data screen being unusable.