This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 7 sapphire solar - v9.36/v9.37 - Restarts During Activity

hello,

i now had the problem of restart(s) during my last 2 runs, which resulted in not getting the run synced via mobile app then (but finally back home after vacation it worked via Garmin Express)

but still i miss some data on that days and its super annoying when the watch restarts during a run and i do not immediately see that and the run is then paused after the restart.
never had that issue before - i've just updated to 9.33 around a week before my vacation and also did runs with that firmware already before and didn't have that issue.

2nd last run:
watch restarted 3 times on a ~10k run (~1hour)
still missing data in the timeline, but all steps there, although it says just 16k in the graph - see screenshot.

latest run:
no steps data and even missing steps of the time during the run. - see screenshot.

i found some posting about restarts also, but it's annoying and no solution for that?
i did biking for several hours and many kilometers, standup-paddling and others, without any issues - just when running i've that restart-issue.
for running my watch is useless at the moment

i already wrote an email to local garmin support via their website - hopefully they have an idea or even better: a solution that my watch stops restarting during a run.

• This thread is being locked. Please refer to this thread that will be monitored and updated for the issue.

v10.43 Software - Watch Restarts at the Same Location

• Tried it with v9.36 today, issue persists. I noticed something interesting though, the watch rebooted twice at the exact same location during my run. It always happened at that same location, first I thought that it was some distance mark that causes it (like after one mile) but now I think it's actually related to the location (I always ran the same course).

I've also seen a recent post on the Garmin Fenix Subreddit posted 8 days ago that someone else reported that he and his friend experience reboots at a certain location independently.

Can someone else confirm that the reboot issue is tied to specific locations? Maybe an issue with GPS or some corrupted version of TopoActive Maps or something?

• can you ask, if the other guys using the same map version with same map?

• my fenix also reboots in the same place. when I run other routes there is no problem

• i can confirm that it happens repeatedly in the same place. v9.36
  • send me a new device. v.9,36 but he does it repeatedly in the same place
  • Today the watch restarted while running again.. It only happens in one place. I ran there twice on purpose and the watch restarted twice.. I run 10, 15, 20 km other routes and no problem. Update 9.36

Garmin - Chris

• Same issue here on 9.36. Crashes around the same location during running activity while workout started. No navigation being used. Have also tried different GPS modes,because I thought the new automatic mode was the culprit. Running with a workout not going past the specific "crash" location makes the watch work as expected. 

After the crash the activity is paused, but can be continued. The recorded activity will only sync through Garmin Express and not using the Garmin Connect app. 

I have just loaded the 10.33 Alpha firmware. Will report if the issues persists.

• Any update on this? Does it work woth 10.33 Alpha? Also does anyone experiencing this issue use TopoActive maps? If yes, which one and which version?

• I got ridd of my Fenix 6x Sapphire after to many restarts in and out of activity.... Lots of threads about it... Garmin upgraded me to a Fenix 7x solor Sapphire... I also notice the 7x restarts when navigating sometimes or using trackback "route"....

Random restarts are getting quite popular these days on the Fenix range it would seem.