This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 7 - Power Manager Battery Saver Mode Problem

Hi guys,

another problem in firmware 9.33

In last firmware 8.xx when I switched on POWER SAVING MODE and put START/STOP button nothing were changed. Even if I put BACK button or I did a workout (when watch was still in power saving mode) - after workout fenix was back in POWER SAVING MODE by itself.

NOW, in firmware 9.33 - when I am in the power saving mode and ONLY press the START / STOP button (not even choosing a workout) and exit by pressing BACK - immediately the energy saving mode turns off by itself. I dont know why becuase there wasnt in previous firmware. This is very annoying because after putting START/STOP button everytime I have to switch on power saving mode manually.

Look at the video:

www.youtube.com/watch

Best regards

Luke

• Maybe we should wait for version 10.xx:

Beta version 10.39

"
    Change log for all changes since v9.37

41    Fixed issue with Do Not Disturb during sleep changing to "off" when entering and activity and backing out.
    "

This patch may also fix the problem observed with the energy saving mode, when entering and activity and backing out ?

• I also faced this issue if the Display under Battery Saver is set to "Time out". The correct setting should be "Always On".

• Good setting option when it works.
    Unfortunately, there is not for my Fenix 6.

• I tested the battery saver mode on > push start > battery saver turns off and the issue still exist with 10:43, although you have to push the start button twice to disable battery saver, in a weird behavior.

• Hello,

I see the same thing as 9522498, in the discussion thread, below :
    Watch does not return to battery saver mode after workout or sleep

The next Firmware 11.xx should fix the problem:
    Fixed an issue where the device was exiting battery saver when accessing the activity list multiple times in a row.

But, as 9522498 says, the device exiting battery saver mode when accessing the activity list for the first time, and not just when you do it several times in a row. It seems to be two bugs in one: it shows the watch face as it appears in battery saver mode, but it is not actually in battery saver mode (just check the status in the menu, by pressing the "Backlight" button). Besides, the optical heart rate sensor is activated (green light under the watch when it is worn on the wrist), which should not be the case.

The regular watch face only appears if you press another button (for example the "Start" button) and return to the time display. Therefrom the wrong impression that the device was exiting battery saver only when accessing the activity list multiple times in a row.

• Although « Garmin’s engineering team continues to work on it », the problem isn’t resolved at least 5 month later…

What is the point of a Battery Saver Mode that switches itself off??!!!?

Dear Gamin engineers, the problem is very easy to reproduce :

1) Hold the « light» button
    2) Turn Battery Saver to ON
    3) Press « Back » then « start » then « back »
    4) Hold « light »
    ->Battery Saver has turned to OFF

Please fix this, I didn’t buy a 1000€ watch to have that kind of bug!