This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 7 Pool Swim is Giving No Distance

Fenix 7 swimming. Has anyone else had any issues with pool swimming with the fenix 7? I just swam for 40 mins and I logged hr OK but no distance! Pool length was set to 25m.

On default settings I think. 

• Hi steve, i have a identical issue!!!!

Have you managed to fix?? 

• Sadly not, mostly it works, but sometimes not. Mostly a restart seems to fix it. 

Make sure you log it with "Garmin - Chris" as per the answer on this thread. The more data they get the more likely they are to fix it

• I made another post, had similar experience - a restart helped. 

• Mine isn't logging my laps correctly either. I'll look to see if I have N update. 

• I am happy to report that for the past two days, my Fenix 7X SS recorded my daily 1000-meter swim exactly correctly.  Ten 100-meter intervals in a 25-meter pool.  Each interval was four 25-meter lengths (100 meters).  Ten intervals for 1000-meter swim with short rest after each interval.  I did not do flip turns but touch the wall, turn, push off hard and glide.  I changed several times from back stroke to freestyle and freestyle to backstroke and the lengths within an interval.  

This was after my first week of ownership and a lot oof trouble with the lengths (it recorded too many) and the occasional missed interval of no distance recorded at all.  I swim 1000 meters a day.  I think the watch is performing very well now and I have a feel for how it detects turns.     

• Same here, i just bought a fenix 7 ss and swim distance not recording anything.

help!

• Hi it seems the only thing that works at the moment is to shut the watch down by the pool side and restart it. Then do your swim. It should record. You will probably need to do this every time you want to record a swim until Garmin find a fix. I'm trying mine again tomorrow morning, going to try and do a test and not restart the watch and see if it does record. 

• My first two swims recorded correctly. For the last week I have been having problems. First, I got to the pool and the button would not work to get to the activities; this was annoying as I was at pool side waiting to start the swim. I then clean rebooted after the swim. I went to swim today and it has not registered the distance and unless I have become an olympic swimmer in the last week, my heart rate was not working properly. 

• My first swim this week was reading all good too then this morning went to the same 25m pool and did not work then started playing around and entered the pool length again and then it started recording then pressed pause then restart and stopped working then the watch decided to restart it self for some reason? then could not get it working again, its very annoying, I hope Garmin fix the issue asap. I never had problem recording my swimming with my Apple watch but decided to get a Garmin for the awesome battery life but I was not expect it for a proper training watch cost £800 to not able to record something like swimming. Joke

• Thanks for your input I will try next week and I hope Garmin get this bug fixed asap.