This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 7x Buttons issue

Hi there, new owner of Fenix 7x , I noticed that mainly the left buttons have the feeling of lightness and a little strange sound upon press & release them. However the buttons are 100% functional.

I had the fenix 6 pro before, with much better buttons, and I just wondering if it's normal or not.

• I have the 7S Solar Sapphire, and still have my 2 year old 6S. The buttons on the 7S feel a bit soft and don’t have an audible click, except for the back button. All the buttons on my 6S have a proper click. I might return for an exchange but I’m wondering if the replacement watch will just be the same.

• Yes correct, upon searching on Google, I think 50%+ of these watches, will be like this.It's very difficult all of the buttons to be perfect. Plus with the replacement there is a risk for any other new problem.

• Mine has proper klick on start, light and lap button, but the up and down button feels completely different.

I don’t think it will make me exchange the watch. To much hassle. They work fine.

• Three of my buttons feel like they have two steps of clicks.  As far as I can tell this has no function.  But, it is a little odd and less appealing. 

• Do you also get a small sound (click) like a computer mouse from these buttons?

• Yes, they have a strong click and a lighter inconsistent click.

• after a few days, this will be fixed mostly.

I remember my 6x was like this, then forgot about it... then got the 7x, complained about it, and just realize that indeed, my 6x buttons are now perfect.

same story for my 7x, 2 "bad" buttons with a kind of double click, weird release, that are now perfect.

hope it will be the same for you !

• After how many days about, they fixed ?

I have it a week, it's a little better, but still not so good as my fenix 6. Mainly the small weird click sound , it's the problem for me.

• My experience and opinion concerning Garmin's buttons on all their watches is that there is a huge inconsistency in the quality and feeling of button presses, and also, that this changes over the course of just a few thousand, sometimes even just a few hundred presses.

There seems to be no interest within Garmin to invest in slightly better membranes, contacts and spring mechanisms, because it's all part of the thinking along the line of 'if it's good enough for xx per cent of people for xx amount of time, then it's good enough'.

• There seems to be no interest within Garmin to invest in slightly better membranes, contacts and spring mechanisms, because it's all part of the thinking along the line of 'if it's good enough for xx per cent of people

There's nothing wrong with the buttons.  It's personal preference and if it doesn't meet that preference, then the buttons are "defective".  This has been going on for a few years now.  They will change in feel after several presses, being cleaned, temperature, etc., but they have never failed and there's no need for Garmin to "invest" in changing anything.