This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 7x music quality really awful

I have being testing my new Fenix 7x for a week, and I have found that the sound quality (for both Spotify synced music and local MP3 files) is terrible. Sound is distorted, with a lot of noise and hissing (sounds like a low quality MP3) , and it is a total deal breaker for me.

I have a Fenix 6x, and I have compared both (with two different pairs of bluetooth headphones: Sony and Sennheiser, and with the same music over Spotify and MP3 files) and the quality in the Fenix 6x is much better. It is not an audiophile device, but no distortion or noise, and you get clear sound.

Have anyone experience the same problem? Hope they can fix it with a firmware update, because it is really annoying, I cannot rely in my Garmin to listen to music (for a 1000€ watch...).

• Today I have been testing with mp3 files from 96kbs to 320kbs and aac files from 64kbs to 256kbs. Same result, horrible quality. Same result with Amazon music. I have also noticed that the balance is not correct, it sounds louder through the right earphone, has anyone else noticed this too?
    Please Garmin could you at least let us calibrate the balance?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 10 months ago

It would be nice if someone from Garmin would chime in on this. If this is something that can actually be corrected or not and if they plan on doing so. 

• yeah i noticed the same :(

• Updated March 15th, 2022:

The audio issue was fixed in software version 7.35.

• I can confirm this issue on my Fenix 7 Pro Sapphire Solar. I removed and paired my AirPods once again, but the problem still persists. I tested my headphones on my wife's Forerunner 745 and no problem there.

• Epix 2 same problem

• Fenix 7 base model model - same issue. However, I have connection issues (i.e., sometimes choppy) with my Fenix 6 sapphire that I do not have with my new Fenix 7 (went running once with it). Did Garmin sacrifice quality for connection stability (for iso total bandwidth)?

• Coming from a Fenix 5+, using spotify playlist over bluetooth to a pair of Trekz Titanium headphones - totally acceptable sound quality and now with Fenix 7X, no noticeable drop in audio quality.  I did loose connection to the headphones the other day and could not connect mid-activity although connected fine once the activity was done.

• Same issue here with spotify premium and one plus pro buds. Cannot PM you however...

Fenix 7x Sapphire Solar

• Got my 7X yesterday and have played a few mp3 files - pleasantly surprised to find no difference in sound quality vs the 6X after reading this forum and expecting the worse.

Granted I’ve not tested Amazon music or Deezer yet.