F6X + 25.10 lead to "Storm Alert", crashing and Tactix watchface

Hey all, 

Friend of mine with a 6X, on 25.10 had been having some sensor issues like the LED not coming on but things escalated badly on the Silver Moon race this last weekend.  Not long after the start of the race her watch starting going "Storm Alert" every few minutes then finally crashed hard.  On reboot it stuck on "Loading Maps".   I messed with it as best I could during the race but couldn't get it to work. 

Post race I found that if you press the lap button while it's stuck on Loading Maps you get a "Reset to defaults Yes/No" hidden option.  If you say Yes it'll reboot and then do the same thing but eventually it'll say "Unable to unlock Maps" and then finally go to the watch face. 

Now it gets interesting.  The only watchface she has is the Tactix one.  if you go into Watchfaces the size of the handle on the scroll bar makes it look like she has 100 watchfaces installed (who knows but it's really really tiny) and if you page up or down it just keeps changing to the Tactix watchface. 

It's kinda important to note this is not a Tactix, it's a 6X.   And she's never sideloaded Firmware, it's all OTA installs.  

It was also unable to get the time from GPS by going to Ssystem - Time - Set Time Auto.  As if the GPS sensor was also not working. 

So... I can't help but wonder how she got the Tactix watchface on her watch.  By Tactix I mean it literally has Tactix on the watch face in text much like some of the official Fenix have the word Fenix written on them.  And if a Tactix 25.10 FW was somehow pushed to her watch, how we fix it. 

I tried all the resets including the vulcan neck pinch one (hold lap and start, listen for beeps and release one by one) without any luck. 

It also will not pair with her phone and when i put it in Pair to phone on the watch it was not visiblly broadcasting on any of the three phones available at the time going on each phone into BT devices and hitting Add device.   Two androids of different versions and one iphone. 

Next step is to try and hook it up and put an old system backdate from an alpha/beta to roll it back hard so it has to wipe everything off the watch since we don't have archives of the RC's anymore.  I could try the newer versions but I don't think it'll help given the current state of the watch. 

Anyone else seeing something like this? 

• This issue has been mentioned on the forum a few times. As far as I know there is nothing you can do yourself in this case unfortunately, you'll have to contact Garmin Support.

• Just to provide closure to the post - 

Called Garmin, only option with a watch in this condition is to replace it.  Out of warranty replacement cost is $199.  Garmin ships you a box to ship your old watch to them, then they'll swap it out with another.  I assume refurb but haven't gotten it yet. 

• Unfortunately, after the OTA 25.10 update I have the same issues as you have written. It has the Tactix face (I have Fenix 6x Pro). It even stuck on a particular date and working weirdly! Windows does not recognize it. Basically the watch is dead after the 25.10 update. I wish I had auto updates turned off! Contacted the Garmin supports several times, explaining them this happened only because their software update, but they didn't even offer to replace the watch. I got myself an Apple Watch Ultra. At least now I know that, a simple software update will not break my watch, and has a great customer service.