Indoor Bike - selecting activity goes straight the Free Ride etc - why?

On the latest Tactix 7 firmware 10.46 if I select indoor bike the app goes straight to Free Ride / Follow Workout etc - if I select Free Ride I would it expect to start recording. It doesn't and the first action to to search for sensor 'Searching for Sensor'

Why does it do this and how can I change it to skip this and go straight to a recording?

• Please post your question again in the Fenix7/Tactix7 forum. Maybe they can help you there.

• I suspect you have paired your trainer with the watch as a "Trainer". This gives the watch the option to control the trainer for a workout or other erg controlled activity. With this pairing in place the watch is asking if you want to exert trainer control - slope, power, resistance, workout - or just free ride.

If you delete the trainer pairing I think you will get what you require. But make sure you pair the trainer as a power meter and speed/cadence sensor so that the watch still picks up those stats.

If you do delete the trainer pairing you may receive periodic prompts to pair it when you ride. Respond with "No" each time. You could also try making the Trainer pairing, but then disable it. No more prompts to pair and hopefully no more other irritation.

This is based on my experience with a 6X and Neo 2.