Incorrect Training Effect Reported Post Activity

When completing an activity, often the training effect is shown for the activity completed prior to the current one. Most often I think I see this as shown with completing a Walk after a Run activity, as this is most pronounced in terms of how it is represented - you complete a Walk, and the training effect shows up as VO2 Max for example, as happened this week to me. It is always represented appropriately in Garmin Connect, app and web. It seems that you can't actually revisit the Training Effect category on the watch itself, only the numeric values associated with Aerobic and Anaerobic activity.

My configuration is a Fenix 6X Pro currently on 24.10 (but have seen this across multiple versions) with HRM-Pro.

Reproduce:

• Complete a high-intensity Run activity. Note the Training Effect shown on the watch after the activity.
  • Complete a Walk. When you complete the Walk, the Training Effect from the prior Run will be shown as the Training Effect for the Walk.

My guess as to what is going on at a software level: The code to show the Training Effect is looking for not the last activity logged, but the last Training Effect logged. A Walk will very often not show a Training Effect unless it is a fast one, so the code is looking for the most recent activity with a Training Effect logged, which is the Run, and showing the value associated with that activity instead. (This might not be it, because I have a feeling that I may have also seen this when doing a Base Run after a Threshold for example, and see the Threshold label rather than the expected Base - but I am not 100% here. I'll update the thread if I do find this to be true.)

This has been the case across the last few versions of software, and I see nothing about fixing it in the notes for the upcoming beta and alpha releases. This seems very simple to find and fix and I'm surprised it hasn't already been addressed. I've seen it posted in other questions, but I can't now find them, so in the interest of trying to knit things together, I'm creating this new thread for this very specific issue with what I hope is a well-named thread for a well described symptom.