Are only 3 custom activities possible??

Is the limit for custom activities only 3 on the F6X?? I have 3 of them already, and when i try to create a 4th one, the watch tells me i it cannot save it and i should delete another one and try again. 

Update to spare you from reading the whole thread: There is a limit of 60 activities (activity profiles) and also not installed activities count against that limit. There is currently no way of deleting the not installed activities from the watch. In the latest firmware (20.87 Beta) we are now down to only 2 custom activities. With Garmin adding more and more activities, soon custom activities will not be possible anymore at all, if this issue is not resolved. 

Update 29.04.2022: Garmin confirmed that they do not acknowledge this as an issue. If you would like to add more custom activities, please request to Garmin to increase the limit or to enable us to delete unused profiles. Refer to https://www.garmin.com/ideas to submit your wish to Garmin. There is currently nothing else we can do.

Update 15.08.2022: Back in June, Garmin acknowledged the problem and agreed to deliver a fix. In August, Garmin gave the update that they plan to increase the total limit to 60 in the Q4 feature release (so somewhere end of this year).

• Thank you very much, I hope it will be well thought out because if it is just increased the number the concern will just be shifted. You were talking about increasing the number to 75 but if Garmin continues to add profiles then we will still be stuck.
    Can't wait to see what it will do.

• I know that Chris from Garmin mentioned that this would possibly done in the Q4 update, so I wasn't expecting a fix, but my Fenix 6 Pro just updated to software version 23.10, and I'm still not able to clone any of my activities. I didn't try doing a factory reset to see if that helped, since this update probably isn't supposed to include a fix.

Thought it was worth mentioning.

• Thanks for sharing. I really hope this will be fixed in the Q4 update.

• And Finally Alpha 23.73

forums.garmin.com/.../alpha-version-23-73

Added Backcountry Snowboarding activity.
    Added Exercise Load graph.
    Updated altimeter calibration to use weather forecast data to improve calibration.
    Updated the activity profile limit to 75.
    Fixed a UI issue with the Recovery Widget.
    Fixed an issue on the Dog Tracking widget where distances would only display in yards, and never in miles.
    Updated the UI of the nautical units menu.

• Cool, but in a few months we still have the same problem ;) especially as it continues to add activities :)

A reason to just change the number and not be able to make an infinite or extremely large number?

• Thanks for pointing to it.

And I am really sorry that my forecast was right and the increase of activity profile limit “overtook” the introduction of course directional arrows.

But since a Garmin employee supported, let me say patronized   the former, it was logical that it would arrive.

I also bet that eg. the barometer plot min/max value has not been chosen as a priority, so maybe just the fix of wifi sync failed problem is something that still pulls back the directional arrows. Uff!

• I suspect the 75 came directly from the fact the Epix 2/Enduro 2/Tactix 7/Fenix 7 series are all set to 75.

• My first name is not Chris, but I guess that some part of the memory is fixed/dedicated/allocated to the core part of the sw, like user settings, like activity profiles etc., in contrast to maps which can use all the remaining “non-allocated” memory, and my bet is that some sort of realllocation within the fixed/dedicated/allocated memory part was needed, so a very big activity profile limit would eat all the fixed/dedicated/allocated part of the memory.

I am just speculating…

• Cool, but in a few months we still have the same problem ;) especially as it continues to add activities :)

I wish I was that optimistic Smiley. I don't think that we will get many more activities on the fenix 6. But we will for sure run into the issue again when we upgrade to the fenix 7. 

I understand that there needs to be a limit, and it's great that it was finally increased, but I don't understand why they just not let us delete some of the activities. Nobody needs all of them. 

• Indeed. And why not use a set of base sports that you can copy if you need to, instead of all these separate sub-sports that sometimes only differ in name and (sub-)sport number, for example the default sports profiles for Tennis, Padel and Pickleball are basically the same. If someone plays all three, it's OK to take up three slots for them, and they would probably be OK to copy GenericTennisLikeSportType three times and rename them to the proper sport names.

And now it is time for the activity LunchWalkWithCoWorkersWhileEatingSandwiches.