Reboot after saving activity, fit file corrupt cant be uploaded to Garmin Connect, how to recover it

Yesterday after my run, this happened again. Watch rebooted when trying to save after setting perceived effort. Activity was there as last activity, but couldn't be open.

Later after getting fit file I tried importing it manually, error was throws as it fir file was corrupt.

"One of your files was not accepted by the system. Please contact Support for assistance."

I managed to import it via file  to Strava with  no issues.

Did anyone else have same issue, do you know how to solve it?

I can upload my fit file for checking...

Software version 19.20

Thanks

• why did you not open a case at the support site? Maybe then can help you? 
    Whatever language you need -> support.garmin.com/.../

If you dont trust them....(no reason to do this)

forums.garmin.com/.../corrupted-multisport-activity-fit-file

• Thank you I managed to fix it by trimming activity end. And then imported this run to Garmin successfully

• If they can figure out how to reliably (lol) preproduce the problem.

• now remains the question, why did it reboot ?

is it worth informing the beta team ?

Reboots and corrupt .FIT files have been reported in these forums for several years so it's not a new issue or something that has occured due to running beta software.

• Yeah this is happening occasionally  to me since May, I always run latest stable software.

Before Software version 19.20, reboot happened in the end of saving. So activity was saved, just without training load for example(not so bad, but still important info for me is missing).

Now it happens after setting perceived effort, activity is not saved successfully, fit file is corrupted. And it cant be imported manually.(Much worse)

I figured out, it happens more often when using custom watch-face, but using Garmin original, is not preventing it either.

It would be good that this bug is acknowledged by Garmin, and given some real workaround or fix, without resetting setting for watch.

Which doesn't seem to  help, based on others people experience.

• The same happened to me !

I had exactly the same kind of issue you mentioned at the beginning of the year, after last public firmware update (13.10 ->15.20) . I then struggle with several beta firmware and I finally got a stable watch with the 16.00 Firmware. Alas , 2 weeks ago or so, I received the 19.20 update which just annoy me very much. I didn't experience any trouble until my marathon race on sunday . PB 2h44 => the kind of race you wish you can analyses, I end the activity, pressed save, freeze, Garmin logo, reboot...and no synchro with Gramin connect, so I had to find the corrupted fit file by hand in the activities directory, after mounting the watch on my pc.

What despise me is that Strava seems to have found a way to read so called corrupted fit file. When you think this file is generated by a Garmin device and the format as far as i understand has been created by Garmin,  It's insane for Garmin not to offer a convenient /easy workaround to this problem. I admit the problem is hardly reproducible (At least I won't run the same martahon just to reproduce the bug), but a workaround should be offered. There are

I send a mail to the garmin support => No answer yet. (Last experience was no answer at all) I am still confused concerning the efficient way to report bug toi garmin.

I try to fix the fit file, with FitToCSV.jar with no better result. In fact , I have a power meter + HRM-Pro data added in the fit file, and wonder if this is not preventing me from recreating the fit file from csv (due to unknown device)

Could you tell me in more details how did you achieve to trim the fit file ? I ll give a try.

In addition to the frustration, i should point out that this problem just ruin the garmin ecosystem, as instance the "suggested workout", suggest me to make a 55' easy pace run, one day after the race (and is still suggesting to make so today !).

I keep my finger crossed that Garmin will find a way to improve on this kind of bug

Regards

• it is really bad that it happened for race. It happened to me also after 2 races this summer. Back than(different version of software), activity was saved after reboot, just without  training load, which was very annoying and misleading.

For me it is really serous issue. And Garmin should look into it, Garmin  must already be aware of this issue. 

Without us  spamming the hell out  of support :D

• I've got the same issue since a couple of weeks. Happens every 3 runs or so. Also on 19.20.

When I save the run, the Fenix 6 reboots. I can manually upload to Strava, but the file is corrupted for uploading to Garmin Connect. Ofcourse I can fix the file but very annoying nonetheless.