This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wi-Fi version 655.35 on 19.20(21)

Hi Everyone,

I though I would start a new thread though I believe it was an issue on previous versions on firmware. It happened to me on 19.20, after that I tried installing 19.21 Beta but Wi-Fi is still at 655.35. Additionally tried loading only Wi-Fi firmware (2.60), watch prepares to update and then restarts, I don't see a message that it is updating, so probably it doesn't stick as I still see 655.35.

On the other side when connected to Garmin Express, there is Wi-Fi update available, after which watch restarts but again version is 655.35 and this update seems to be also available...

Believe that previously the solution to fix was only to go through warranty replacement process, is it still the case? I hope not, in lots of training currently and would like to avoid going through the inconvenience of watch replacement.

Thank you

• Yes sadly that's a hardware issue.

• Agreed - I had the same problem.

• Thanks for your feedback fellas.

Well, I was on a call yesterday with Garmin customer care and though the representative was leaning towards replacing the watch, but he also wanted to check with his colleagues on this.

12 hours later I have waken up this morning with a notification on my watch that Wi-Fi software was updated, even though I was skeptical, I checked the software version and it is now is 2.60, which is back to normal. The Wi-Fi is also fully operational and can connect to my home network.  

Don't know if something was pushed on my watch from Garmin or it just fixed itself, but I don't need to go through replacement process and it's fixed.

Cheers

• Nice one! Thats good, glad you didn't need a replacement mate!

• And back to this.

After a week of problem free experience the watch got it back again to 655.35, but now losing connectivity with PC via cable, bluetooth connection and wifi all together with no option to sync at all. Reset didn't help, so called Garmin and now I'm going to get replacement with refurb unit.

Not happy end after all.

• I have not personally seen the Wi-Fi going to v655.35 resolve itself. If updating using Garmin Express does not correct it, everything has been done. When it does happen, it is without question an issue with the watch itself. Whether your software goes to v0.00 or in the case of the Wi-Fi software, when it goes to v655.35. It is a failure.

I am sorry your watch developed the issue and needed to be exchanged.

• Thank you Chris!

Do you know if there will be an update to stop this issue from appearing?

Experiencing it once coming out of nowhere, it feels like it may happen any day with any watch. And from my experience latest firmwares do not solve this.

• The Wi-Fi going to v655.35 is not directly the overall software. Meaning, if a software bug, it would happen to every single Fenix 6 series watch owner worldwide. The odd Wi-Fi software version your watch gave you has been confirmed to be a watch failure when a Fenix 6 series watch goes to it.

• Hi everyone

1-)I have tried to connect WIFI networks but watch never recognize the WIFI networks and If I want to make second try I have seen TRANSFER ALREADY IN PROGRESS .After that generally watch disconnect the phone and I need to restart the watch . Before I could connect the open sources .I have also tried to change modem settings 2.4ghz channel 1-11 etc. but nothing has worked.

2-)When I connect the watch to pc I have heard the usb sound but I couldt connect the watch as a driver on My PC . But I check from the Device Manager I have seen the watch as Unknown Device . I also have tried the download garmin usb drivers but didnt worked so garmin express not work also. Before I could connect different laptop and it was worked . I use Windows 10 Pro 21H1.

And today I compare with 2 watch that all software numbers is same but wifi . My collegues wifi :2,60 and my watch:655,35 I think because of that I cant find wifi networks.How can I download 2.60 wifi versions . 

• And today I compare with 2 watch that all software numbers is same but wifi . My collegues wifi :2,60 and my watch:655,35 I think because of that I cant find wifi networks.How can I download 2.60 wifi versions .

As above. That is almost certainly a hardware problem. Reach out to your local Garmin support.