This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 7

Hii guys , pls is there any approximate release date for the fenix 7 or venu 3 at least will it be in 2021 ? thank you 

• Yep, and also lots of features can be added via future software updates as well, as long as the underlying hardware is there to support it. Polar did this to an extreme degree recently, releasing a new watch with an ECG sensor, even though the watch doesn't actually do ECG readings right now - they say they'll turn that feature on with a software update someday in the future. That seems to sort of be the standard operating procedure for fitness trackers lately - get the product into buyers' hands as quickly as possible, worry about adding features and making it all work correctly later.

• Hi all, I was in Budapest and visited local official store. So I asked for F7 and they told me MAYBE next year. Now I'm wondering, that maybe next year could also mean maybe this year GrinGrin.

• clear, because they also know that something new is coming up. And before they have too much loss, better to sell at a discount. i had the 6 Pro. But I returned it and wait for the next generation of Fenix

• Actually, I lost my patience and ordered a Coros Vertix 2 today. I feel I just need a new gadget and Garmin didn't provide anything nice for 24 months now. Maybe I'll buy a Fenix 7 anyways...

• Polar did this to an extreme degree recently, releasing a new watch with an ECG sensor, even though the watch doesn't actually do ECG readings right now

The reverse is also currently underway, as some automakers are shipping vehicles with dummy chips and plan to replace those chips later. The bottleneck does not seem to be SW at the moment, but HW.

• That was very much the case with Polar and the V800, which I bought in 2014. They were very up front about absent features on release, particularly regarding swimming IIRC, but swimming is not something I care about. It did take a long while for the roadmap to unfold though - far too long for some people, although my needs were met well enough.

The thing about Garmin is that I'd rather they got the basic functions absolutely buttoned down before adding new features, never promised or expected, on top of shaky foundations.

• For example: Volkswagen (VW) is closing one car factory in Germany untill the end of the year, because chips are missing.

• I switched from the V800 to the 6Pro. The V800 was just twitching. The support - terrible. Now I'm using the FR 245 for now. Enough for me until the Fenix 7 comes....

• Friend owns a running store, says big Garmin sale around Thanksgiving, haven't  heard anything on the 7 yet.

• Friend owns a running store, says big Garmin sale around Thanksgiving, haven't  heard anything on the 7 yet.

To have a sale you would need to introduce some devices earlier, so I doubt that the company would introduce new devices on the Black Friday because everyone would be busy at the time, at least that's my logic.