F6X Sapphire - unresponsive start button

Hello guys,

The start button of my watch suddenly became unresponsive. Mechanically it moves ok but produces no effect whatsoever and the watch is absolutely unusable.

The same thing happened in April this year and I got a brand new unit as a replacement. Then in the beginning of June happened absolutely the same thing. Got another brand new one on 08 June. Last night before shower I rinsed the watched with only water (never used anything but water) and dried it. After shower put it on my hand and fell asleep. This morning surprisingly when I woke up the start button has become unresponsive again.

Tomorrow I’m going to garmin and probably I’ll get a brand new one but this problem definitely isn’t normal. I know how gently I treat the watch and I’d like to think that it’s a software problem. Always running latest stable software, never installed any betas.

Has anyone had the same problem? I have no idea what has caused the problem and therefore no idea how to avoid it in the future.

Soft and hard reset never solved it so far. Online garmin support is clueless.

Thank you very much.

Edit: long press of menu button doesn’t work either, short press of menu button works fine.