VO2 Max after covid

I trained relatively intensively over the last year and had a vo2 max of 56. i recently got COVID and after feeling well again and resuming training my vo2 max is deteriorating. It started with going down to 55 and now fell to 53. 

Has anyone experienced something similar? Im not sure what to make of it as im clearly not as fit as I used to be, but my times and pace havent decreased that much... 

cheers

• I had the AZ one. Only side effects I had was intense vivid dreams for that night, and a slight dip of about 0.75 in my VO2 which resolved itself after a week

• I had a similar experience.  My VO2 Max was 50 prior to COVID and I was able to run a half marathon at an 8:10 pace.  After having a mild and short-lived case of COVID, my VO2 Max has dropped to 45 and my sustainable pace is about 9:15 to 9:30.  It has been 8 months and there has been no improvement.  

Garmin, you should do a study on this.  

Have your users opt in and disclose when they had COVID, then run the numbers across thousands of users to see what you can conclude.  You could even ask people for their vaccination dates and describe the severity of COVID.