TopoActive EU 2021.10 Insufficient Space Issue

I updated the latest maps via Garmin Express. Everything ended normally without a problem. Finally, Garmin Express wrote me that I was with the latest updates. I disconnected my F6 from the PC and restarted it. The process of installing the new maps went smoothly. After reconnecting the watch it to the PC, Garmin Express showed me a new update of TopoActive Europe 2021.10 is available which I had already done. When I try to install this update, I get a message that my device does not have enough space. In my F6 there are 17 GB free and the map is 11 GB. Does anyone have a similar problem? 

• Perhaps it would be a god idea to make it possible, that the users can decide, which countries of the TopoActive map they want to install on their device? At the moment, you install lots of countries, that you never will need.

• I have the same issue.

Also, please advise why we are forced to install cycle maps even of we dont cycle?

Please give us the option to choose which updates we want so the system will stop trying to force us to install updates we dont want.

Also, keep inmind some of us may not be in europe, why force us to take the europe update to maps?

Surely that wastes space?

Thank you

• You can also download free maps from OpenStreetMap based map sources. They're usually newer than Garmin's maps and Garmin seem to use the same source too.

• Thanks for the reply sis651!

How can i delete maps from my watch so i can clear some space for maps i want?

Is there some sort of folder i can access and delete?

How do i download maps from Openstreetmap and add it to my watch?

All your guidance will be appreciated!

• Connect your watch to your computer via its USB cable. Maps are inside the Garmin folder with gigabyte sized files. 
    Ther are different maps that use OpenStreetMap source. They were spoken here, you can search for them in the forum. Keywords opentopomap, userbeam.de, garmin.openstreetmap.nl.

• I have 945 and everything has been working perfectly since last week

• I got this from CJ,Garmin support team:

Mac:

• Connect the Garmin device to the computer
    • Open Finder
    • Click Go in the menu bar at the top of the screen
    • Click Computer
    • Double-click Garmin drive
    • Open the Garmin folder
      • Select the gmapprom.img and gmapprom1.img files
    • Drag the selected files to the trash
    • Click the Back button to return to the drive list
    • Right-click the Trash on the Dock
    • Click Empty Trash
    • Click Empty Trash to confirm
    • Right-click the Garmin drive
    • Click Eject “Garmin”
    • Unplug device from computer
    • Let the device turn onto the time, and reboot it by pressing & holding the top left button for 30 seconds, then power back on with the top left button
    I did it step by step, and in the end it didn’t help again! 
    But,in the Garmin folder search box I type: .img and enter.
    *In the folder were a couple of .img files with version 1,2,3.I delete oldest ones and left on latest version 3...
    *Once again reboot my device,plug in and synchronize and update by Garmin Express.This time TopoActive Europe 2021.10 update was successful.
    Good luck.
    Momcilo
  • I got this from CJ,Garmin support team:

Mac:

• Connect the Garmin device to the computer
    • Open Finder
    • Click Go in the menu bar at the top of the screen
    • Click Computer
    • Double-click Garmin drive
    • Open the Garmin folder
      • Select the gmapprom.img and gmapprom1.img files
    • Drag the selected files to the trash
    • Click the Back button to return to the drive list
    • Right-click the Trash on the Dock
    • Click Empty Trash
    • Click Empty Trash to confirm
    • Right-click the Garmin drive
    • Click Eject “Garmin”
    • Unplug device from computer
    • Let the device turn onto the time, and reboot it by pressing & holding the top left button for 30 seconds, then power back on with the top left button
    I did it step by step, and in the end it didn’t help again! 
    But,in the Garmin folder search box I type: .img and enter.
    *In the folder were a couple of .img files with version 1,2,3.I delete oldest ones and left on latest version 3...
    *Once again reboot my device,plug in and synchronize and update by Garmin Express.This time TopoActive Europe 2021.10 update was successful.
    Good luck.
    Momcilo