Fenix 6 Series - 16.30 Public Release Candidate

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Our next beta version for the Fenix 6 series is now available! 

We had to bring in a couple changes, so this software version is our next Public Release Candidate. This means that this software will become a public update, as long as we do not identify any critical bugs in this version. We would appreciate any feedback on v16.30. (Whether you install 16.30 now or wait for the official release in a few days, all versions of 16.30 will be identical.)

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

16.30 Change Log (all changes since 15.20)

• Added step counting to backcountry ski ascents.
  • Improved functionality of navigation features with Garmin Explore.
  • Improved altimeter auto calibration during activities for MARQ and fenix 6 Pro devices.
  • Improved power meter calibration and settings.
  • Improved device name shown when mounted to a Windows computer to be more descriptive. (Only applies to Enduro and fenix 6)
  • Fixed issue where podcasts may not display correctly on device.
  • Fixed incorrect translation within “Suggested Workouts” when language set to Czech.
  • Fixed potential crash when sending a Quick Text from inReach Remote
  • Fixed issue with wrong activity types shown when syncing with Garmin Explore.
  • Fixed distance and time values for tracks/routes synced from Garmin Explore.
  • Fixed issue with watch face labels missing when using certain languages.
  • Fixed potential crash when starting a golf round on a nine-hole course.
  • Fixed issue with device name within Garmin Connect Mobile for Enduro.
  • Fixed issue with “Coriolis Effect” naming. (Only applies to tactix Delta – Solar Edition with Ballistics)
  • Fixed battery drain issue after disconnecting from a paired inReach device.
  • Fixed backlight behavior during sleep periods.
  • Fixed issue with backlight not respecting device settings when entering power controls page.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 5.00
Sensor Hub: 8.00
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.11
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• good point. That would require testing for 16.30 but it is definitely broken since 16.00.

• Bigger battery drain with 16.30. Around 3% / h and standard watch face, standard widgets and apps. Pulse Ox only during night. 13 months old watch.

• Bigger battery drain

Have you tried restarting it by holding down the light button until it shuts down? (Ignore everything that comes up on the screen on the way). Been known to help with battery drain immediately after an update. 

• Hello,

It won’t let me put any of the updates in the Remote SW folder. Get a circle with a red slash inside when attempting to move new files in there. Any help would be appreciated. Using Microsoft PC.

Thanks,

Michael

• Yes but with no good effect, still big drain. Also, deleted garmindevice.xml and restarted and during the first two hours it seemed to be good (0.2% - 0.8% / h). Now close to 3% / h.

• I'm not having that issue on my 6X. Recharged to 100% yesterday morning, and it's at 94% today, 24 hours later. So approx 0.25% per hour. Which is actually a little higher than usual for me, but still acceptable. Could be attributed to getting more notifications than usual, plus the new firmware installation process probably used a bit of battery.

• Backlight is still not being disabled when DND mode is on.

My answers with the standard replies every time a new version is released and I bring up the fact that this is still broken:

"Well why don't you use Power Saver, duuurrrrr" - Well Mr. F-Face, I don't want to make changes to the Power Saver mode to continue to have my watch function as a smart watch every time I want to do make my watch NOT DISTURB ME!

"Well, why don't you just turn it off duuurrrrrr" - Well, once again Mr. F-Face, see my previous response.

"Well, set your sleep schedule right and it won't come on when you're sleep, ddduuuurrrrrrr" - This is actually a good suggestion, Mr. F-***, however, not everyone has a set sleep schedule 7 days a week. And the wonderful sleep settings on our $800 watches don't realize that there are weekends, so if you normally get up at 6AM Monday through Friday, and like to sleep in on the weekends, your "Normal Sleep" time, is irrelevant. It also doesn't take into consideration people who may have different sleep schedules on a daily basis, like people who are on call, example (not me of course), Doctors or people who work a couple days in a row, that kinda messes with them.

• Touched my Soul.

+1

Broken Backlight behaviour when DnD is ON is pretty annoying.

• Still no option to disable the Recovery Manager? I'm sick of the notifications from this thing appearing randomly throughout the day. Seems like a simple "Recovery Manager Enable/Disable" option would be pretty easy to implement. That way the people that want it can still have it while those of us that don't like these random and meaningless notifications can turn it off.

• If that’s your biggest problem, i don’t feel sorry for you(Stuck out tongue winking eyeStuck out tongue winking eye) After all that’s only pop up after you save your workout, and you have to look at it when you scroll thru the training status. I have had rest heart rate 30 the last year, and they are not able to fix that either. Every morning have to go to my settings and set my rest heart rate to average. This clowns are pretty useless.