FENIX 7 must haves the wearable killer

Hello,

1.The Fenix 7 needs to be comfortable for sleep and have a ir diode vs a green one:

- make an elastic strap (put on upper arm), when I wear the f7x all day, I get rashes

-have a different diode for sleep (like oura infra red which is invisible) that is invisible so no impact on sleep (green does decrease melatonin). 

-maybe have an app that let's you use your oura ring vs the watch (or an accessory that is comfortable...the watch on 24h even during sleep in not fun)

2. Have an amoled screen and hybrid touch screen that you can deactivate by pressing a button

make it bigger, brighter ...

3. Have a speaker on it (to scare bears in the woods)

4.Let it calculate velocity like the PUSH band for strenght workouts (or have an app)

5. Have Vo2max on all activities ...even resting like polar

6. Make it thinner 

These elements will make it the best...(just the sleep alone would!)

• Actually I don't care if it's dual band as far it gets locked quickly and the accuracy and sensibility are good.

Good times of SIRF III era... and it was only GPS.

One marketing thing I missed is a target public.

I don't care if an ABC brings all fitness & health stuff as far it excels as an ABC watch. Just that.

- GPS & maps have to work

- Altimeter has to work

- Barometer has to work

- Compass has to work

- High battery capacity

There are others products lines for people not interested on an ABC watch.

But again I'm ok with cross features but the priority should reflect the product category.

Fenix = ABC watch

Forerunner = sports

Edge = cycling

others = fitness & heath

Problem is we have a supposed ABC watch (Fenix, etc) with music, oxy, bla, bla, bla but a lousy ABC GPS.

Regards,

• Well said!

Actually I came from the forerunner series because I had issues with reliability.

Focus of a product series for specific use should be held up. And base features should be rock solid from day to market.

If anyone wants 5G connection, OLED, touchscreen and stuff consult the market. There are more than enough options with those features.

Don't make up a wishlist of features, that do not combine well with product ranges for a specific use.

So what should Fenix 7 be like in my honest opinion?

• Long battery life
    • Solidly built
    • Reliable - in build and base features from day to market
    • Long battery life
    • Solidly built
    • Reliable - in build and base features from day to market

= Felix 6

• Can't tell if it was from day one, but currently I'm quite happy with it, indeed. I got in beginning of 2020 when it was already on market for few months 

Sometimes there were a few quirks with connectivity, namely sensor data dropout, but that was just one release and has been fixed quickly.

Edit: base feature wise spoken. Some other things are ups and downs

• Polar V800 is certainly more accurate than modern GPS devices. Suunto Ambit3 too.

What those devices have in common is that they have a massive GPS antenna that is cleverly positioned to always face sky, which means these watches get much stronger signal from the satellites.

Dual band is supposed to help with detecting and reducing errors, so perhaps that, hopefully, should help with tighter positions and more stable pace. 

• This is definitely what I want too. A screen with GNSS satellites on the sky and a page with list and signal levels of those satellites. That'd be very beneficial.

• Why ? for a start it wont fit on one page and what on earth are you going to do with satellite signal values ?

• Agreed. I'm a total data nerd and that's still way more information than I would ever care about seeing on my watch - and what am I supposed to do with that information? Knowing where the satellites are doesn't really help me in any actionable way. It's not like I can move the satellites into better positions.

All I want is a basic datafield that shows how many satellites it's locked onto, and maybe what the accuracy radius is. Currently, all we have is a 4-bar signal graph, where basically 0-3 bars means the signal is terrible, and 4 bars can mean the signal is anywhere from "not great" to "extremely good", but it doesn't give us enough information to know how good it is. A simple datafield that says "Satellites: 12, Accuracy: 5m" would be plenty. I've been asking for that datafield for years. We don't even need a new watch for that; it's information the watch already has, Garmin's software team just needs to make a datafield that presents it to us.

• Problem is we have a supposed ABC watch (Fenix, etc) with music, oxy, bla, bla, bla but a lousy ABC GPS.

The root of the problem is that Garmin sells Fenix so well that there is no longer an incentive to make ABC GPS less lousy. A large percentage of users buy it as a fitness smartwatch with a rugged look and long battery life, basically, a glorified Fitbit.