FENIX 7 must haves the wearable killer

Hello,

1.The Fenix 7 needs to be comfortable for sleep and have a ir diode vs a green one:

- make an elastic strap (put on upper arm), when I wear the f7x all day, I get rashes

-have a different diode for sleep (like oura infra red which is invisible) that is invisible so no impact on sleep (green does decrease melatonin). 

-maybe have an app that let's you use your oura ring vs the watch (or an accessory that is comfortable...the watch on 24h even during sleep in not fun)

2. Have an amoled screen and hybrid touch screen that you can deactivate by pressing a button

make it bigger, brighter ...

3. Have a speaker on it (to scare bears in the woods)

4.Let it calculate velocity like the PUSH band for strenght workouts (or have an app)

5. Have Vo2max on all activities ...even resting like polar

6. Make it thinner 

These elements will make it the best...(just the sleep alone would!)

• I would love to have an optical version of the HRM Pro that could be worn on the wrist or bicep similar to whoop that can be worn 24/7 and sync with the watch. This would be perfect for sleep, winter activities when you cant have your watch against your skin, and for when you are not wearing your watch. It would store and sync with your watch and GC.

• It is essentially useless to use for open water swims.

for you. For whatever reason some people just cannot get good results open water swimming with GPS watches. Others, on the other hand have consistently good result.

I may buy the F7 and try it in OWS, if it works I keep it, if it doesn't I return and keep using my F6X.

Is the F6X working in open water for you?

Apart from the occasional hiccough when GPS has been modified I've always had good outcomes when swimming in open water.

If the watch is only used for open water swimming and cannot work for the swim stroke then of course another watch has to be considered.

• Yes pls. I would love a Garmin version of the Whoop band for sleeping or when I want to wear a mechanical watch. 

• if it was a detachable antenna that would be a great idea. Only use this when higher precision is needed. On the rest of the day it would be off

• All the GPS tools from the original Fenix/Fenix 2, including GPS accuracy in metersFenix 2SE GPS tools screen as a data field.

Temperature graph enabled with Tempe sensor.

Optional extras:

- LEDs around the bezel that change color based on the mood that the watch deducts you are in. Green=happy, Red=angry, Yellow=in doubt, Blue=blues

- Option to overclock the CPU and add air- and/or watercooling.

Fenix - Temperature graph

• 1. a reliable OHR (at least outside of activities)

2. a reliable altitude sensor

3. a usable oxy sensor (not 86 / 91 / 98 / 89 / 97 and so on)

4. a faster cpu so one can use maps/navigation for mountain biking (so one does not have to turn around all the time to take the right route on unknown trails)

• One more feature I thought of, that I'd love to see on Fenix 7:

• Better control over map rendering (like many handheld GPS units have).

For example, ability to toggle certain contents of a map (park benches, trees, etc) on and off, and a setting for what map contents we want labels for (I don't need every tree to be labelled "Tree"). This would be huge for people who use 3rd party maps, like OSM, talkytoaster, etc. Currently we only have a setting for map detail (high, medium, low) but it isn't clear what changes between those settings, and honestly it doesn't seem to make any difference which one you pick. Also, ability to change line colors and thicknesses, etc, on the watch interface, rather than by hacking together a custom settings file.

For example, here's what the OSM maps look like when you're at Disneyland:

Pretty much un-usable, because there's no way to turn off all the labels that are on EVERYTHING. So I'm hoping Fenix 7 gives us a little more control over that.

Since maps have an absolute ton of different types of elements, and such a list would be extremely long and tedious to go through, maybe the map rendering settings could include only those elements which happen to be shown on the map screen at that particular moment. Each element could have any option to show/hide the icons, and show/hide the labels.

• Dual gps. Polar style sports activities.