Fenix 6 Series - 12.77 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

12.77 Change Log Notes:

• Added support for sport specific power zones. One can now setup their power zones for XC Ski separately from that of Cycling. (Menu > User Profile > Power Zones)
  • Added support for displaying metrics from an indoor rowing machine that supports the ANT FE-C profile (e.g. Concept 2 with the PM5 module). This includes new fields for the Indoor
  • Rowing app: Distance, Pace, Power, and Stroke Distance.
  • Added support for an updated software update flow for ANT sensors, where the user will be prompted once they have completed the activity.
  • Added support for descriptive Varia error messages.
  • Fixed an issue with Sail Race tack assist. (MARQ Captain and Quatix 6 only.)
  • Fixed an issue where the device could crash when connected to a HRM Pro with an active Livetrack session and accessing Ski activity profiles.
  • Fixed an issue where certain CIQ elements could not be uninstalled via Express.
  • Fixed an issue where the Applied Ballistics app could not be launched through the controls menu while running another app. (tactix Delta AB only).
  • Fixed an issue where the device may fail to load a considerably long activity through the history menu.
  • Fixed an issue with setting up elevation alerts at higher elevations.
  • Fixed an issue in the paring flow where the device could return to the "Pair with Phone?" page instead of moving forward.
  • Fixed an issue where customers with high resting heart rate would intermittently not accrue intensity minutes.
  • Fixed an issue where the device was not recording position data when racing against a downloaded course.
  • Improved the reliability of ephemeris downloads.
  • Improved the presentation of information for alarms and timers.
  • Improved the scaling of lines when zooming in/out on the map.
  • Made several code improvements for Sleep.
  • Made several code improvements for Indoor Climb.
  • Made several code improvements for daily suggested workouts.
  • Made several improvements for Livetrack.
  • Updated the Applied Ballistics bullet database to version 1215 (tactix Delta AB only).
  • Resolved an issue impacting updates to features like VO2 max and Training Status.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 5.00
Sensor Hub: 8.00
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.11
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• Sorry that you and one or two others are having this problem. I haven’t used mine in a pool for a few weeks now but never had a problem saving swims with and without drills. I’m mostly sea swimming now butt wo friends are still recording and saving pool swims with there F6s and F6X respectively. Both swam just the other day. As usual does not appear to be effecting everyone so hard to fix individual problems. I assume you’ve contacted Garmin beta team as requested above.

• When checking the stress widget, the yesterday value is very low. This happens since I've updated. If I check tomorrow, the value for Monday appear correct and the value for Tuesday is low. Every time you check the yesterday value is bottomed and correct a day after. No big deal but should be fixed

I never knew that screen was there!  After checking it, I can confirm the same bug:

HTH

• Your FTP isn't your max wattage.  It's the average you should be able to maintain for an hour.  Is pushing yourself to 250 twice for 17 minutes that unreasonable? 

• Hello,

1. Is there any problem with the recent Garmin express? It has been showing that it cannot connect to the server, but the synchronization activity is possible. It has been going on for a while

2. The firmware update of fenix 6x has been lagging behind the international version. The latest international beta is 12.77. The latest Chinese version is 12.20 which was updated two days ago. The last update was in August.
    3. Is the changelog of the Chinese version and the international version too far apart? You update every four months, and you are so perfunctory.

The change log of the Chinese version of 12.20 is:

版本 : 12.20 New!

1. Made some improvements to Alipay. (Only for China)
      2. Fixed a potential issue about golf activity.
      3. Fixed some UI issues.
    The 12.20 change log of the international version is:

Fenix 6 System Software 12.20 - Change Log

Added support for Daily Suggested Workouts, which are recommended based on previous activities. One can disable this from activity settings. (Run/Bike > Menu > Training > Workouts > Today's Suggestion.)

Added support for the Track Run activity, which allows one to record outdoor track data including distance in meters and lap splits on a standard shape 400m track.

Added support for Improved Recovery Time, which takes users stress, sleep, relaxation and physical activity in consideration.

Added support for configuring non-zero power averaging for Biking activities. (Activity Settings > Power Averaging)

Added support for configuring backlight settings during the sleep window. (Settings > System > Backlight > During Sleep.)

Added support for training and breathwork workout categories to properly handle launching workouts from calendar view and prompting yoga, strength, cardio, breathing, and pilates workouts.

Added Training Status explanation tip in the Training Status widget.

Added support for displaying the map scale when panning/zooming the map.

Fixed an issue where the ‘Navigation’ hotkey was not working as expected for certain use cases.

Fixed an issue with the wind speed data field on watch face.

Fixed an issue where open water swim activities were capturing an erroneous position in the track log.

Fixed an issue where the device would fail to load the elevation plot when navigating to a POI.

Fixed an issue where the elevation plot would intermittently get doubled while navigating.

Fixed an issue where expired weather data was being displayed on the watchface.

Fixed a couple of issues with the Sail Race activity. (MARQ Captain and Quatix 6 only)

Fixed an issue where time in zones information could be incorrect for pool swim activities.

Fixed multiple issues with the Regatta timer. (MARQ Captain only.)

Fixed potential GPS communication problems. (Requires GPS v4.60)

Improved the pairing experience for Bike lights/radar.

Improved compass smoothness.

Improved poor wrist HR detection which will lead to more accurate VO2 Max and Performance Condition estimates.

Updated the Clocks list layout and icons.

Updated the Applied Ballistics bullet database to version 1155 (tactix Delta AB only).

• To me this seems very unreasonable, do you cycle yourself? 250W is 125% FTP, which is considered Anaerobic Zone. Riding that 2x17min is certainly not a Threshold-Training. I would not ride that for longer than 3min.