Fenix 6S: Heart rate monitor (wrist) not working

Hi guys,

2 weeks ago I got myself a garmin 6s. First couple of days it worked really well and I was blown away by al the things it could do. However the last week I got some problems with it. I don´t know what happened but the heartrate monitor disabled itself then randomly comes on again.  Currently I don´t even get a reading of my heartrate during sport activities or throughout the day (Sleep, stress levels, heart rate etc). Nothing works now (its like a $800 stopwatch)... I read some forums about the heart monitor problem, and I was shocked about how many people were experiencing this. I couldn´t find a solution online, only complaints. 

Does anyone know how I need to fix this problem and get my heart rate monitor back online? Much appreciated!

• i guess I'm expecting the WHR on my 6x to consistently work during my runs and hikes like it did with my Fenix 3 HR and my Fenix 5x Plus.

• That is not normal. The lights should be on all the time measuring to our heart rate every seconds. 

• When you look at the data in the app, does the data have gaps missing chunks even during the periods while you're wearing the watch?

• Why would you say the heart rate monitor is not designed to be enabled at all times?? I've used it CONTINUOUSLY since I got my Fenix 6 Sapphire more than a year ago, and frankly have had no issues with it. When I bike, I use my Garmin HRM strap and it connects with no problem. When I'm not wearing the strap but wearing the watch, it monitors and reports my HR at all times. I record pulse OX data every night as well. It also monitors HRV now since the update recently once the Fenix 7 came out with that feature, and Garmin updated the 6 to record this during sleep also.

I find these features IMMENSELY VALUABLE, particularly because I am fighting through pleurisy and pneumonia these past 3-1/2 weeks, and having the baseline HR data already in my historical data, and the HRV data now also. These have CLEARLY shown that my body is fighting something, and also give me helpful guidance as I'm trying to recover. 

• Same issue in my Fenix 6 saphire. Yesterday the watch suddenly started to be very laggy (it takes 5-10 seconds to respond for any button press). After reboot - same. I restored it to factory default (erase all user data) - it is a little bit better but no sensors work. No steps countign, no gps, no heart monitor. Any idea? WTF??

• OK - i fixed my watch. Maybe it will be helpful for others: i dissasembled it completely and reassembled gently pressing every single ribbon/connector to be sure that they connect. After start - I enabled OX monitor and voila !