Stress Measurement Issues After Activity - Please Post Here

This seems to have been an issue with most builds of the watch. I have emailed Garmin about it multiple times.

How many others Are experiencing the same thing?

After recording a run my watch (Fenix 6 pro) stops reading stress completely for about 1-2 hours. When it comes back on it is then intermittent for another 2-3 hours. 

It feels like this should be an easy fix!

• I've noticed the same behaviour for months. It does not change with new firmware. I started on 5.00 and I'm now on 10.00RC with every major release in between and most betas. The length of the gap in data seems related to the intensity of the activity. There is no gap after walking /hiking. After cycling the gap may be small or two hours plus.

I think it is in the nature of the OHR that it cannot be very precise with HRV at the best of times (a strap is required in order to use the HRV - stress app) and I think that with elevated heart rate following a hard workout it is simply incapable of getting a reading at all until you have calmed down sufficiently. This is just my speculation. Rebooting the watch may restore measurement earlier, but I don't care enough to go to the trouble. I am skeptical about the accuracy of the data in any case, since the HRV stress app does not work at all from the OHR.

Here is a day with a walk, a ride and a run. No gap after the walk. Distinct gaps after both the ride and the run. I don't recall when I showered, but I wear the watch in the shower so it was only removed momentarily to dry. There should not be gaps, but there always are following any sort of "proper effort".

• Like Fronius, I'm not seeing it either, This is after a 21K and walk home  Are the people who are seeing this using OHR for activities or straps?

• OHR for walk/hike. Strap for bike/run. It takes only a few seconds for OHR readings to return after the strap is removed and the watch is out off activity mode and back to the watch face. Yet always the gap in stress and body battery data exists following more robust exercise. I think the gap is not there after an easy hour of Z1 cruising on the bike. Z2 and up create the gap .

So I don't think strap vs OHR is the issue. It's effort level. 

• I noticed the same, after an easy walk I don’t always have the same issue. I use a strap on the runs but if I use strap on yoga then I don’t get the same issues.

I wonder if the harder effort is something to do with it. Last night had major issues. In the end I loosened the strap and it started working again. I wonder if it could be because the wrist swells for a while due to heat after hard exercise and the watch becomes to tight to the skin...?

• I wear a strap for running but also for yoga and after that I don’t get the same issue.

• Same again today, have tried restarting, loosening the watch, etc. Starting to think this is user specific. I’m trying to avoid phoning Garmin support as I fully expect they will advise to replace the watch. Could there be anything wrong with the watch that would cause this behaviour? The run below finished just after 17:00 and the lastest reading is at about 2042.

• Same thing every day. No break in service following a hike. Standard failure to record stress following a strong effort on the bike.

The gap over lunch time is legitimate as I was charging the watch. 

• Biggest problem I see here is that when there is no stress reading the body battery flatlines until the stress is picked up again. It ends up making both metrics less accurate along with anything going forward that might make more use of them.

• After you exercise finith, sync, restart watch, then it’s ok.