This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I accidentally got an HRM-RUN GEN 1 with FW 6.3

Which doesn't have some datas of Running Dynamic like Vert. Ratio, Stride length, and GCT BALANCE. I used to have fenix 3 for years so I knew that the problem would be solved by update FW to 6.6 but I don't know how to update the HRM RUN via my Fenix 6X.

Please give me a piece of advice.

• The one time I ever got a Chest Strap update from the watch (older HRM-Tri to FW 4.3), it just appeared. There was no prompt or message prior or a way that I knew of to download it. I just got a message right before doing a cardio workout there was an update to the strap and let it go. That was years ago, I think, on my old F3HR, or it might have been early in when I got the FR935.

Did you just buy this strap? Because I'd just return it and hope for a newer one, if anything. Call Garmin support if that isn't the case, they'll have a definite answer on how to update it, or they might take it back themselves.

• After you pair your HRM-Run with your fenix 6X, the next time you connect to Garmin Express on your computer, the software for the HRM-Run will be automatically downloaded.

It's magic!

HTH

• Hi,

You can't. I had to buy a fenix 3 from eBay to update the HRM Run firmware to get all the dynamics

As soon as I paired the f3 to the belt it immediately advised an update to install (without even connecting to the internet/app).

Then I sold the f3. I much prefer the old style belt, so was way worth it.

• I bought it online. And I think it is a used strap.

• Thank you. I was thinking like you.

• Your problem is solved easily with the HRM RUN 1 update.
    - You need to copy the HRM-Run_660.gcd file to Garmin / RemoteSW
    - Connect the sensor, then do not remove it until the process is completed
    - check sensor status
    - enter in hours - System - Software Update
    One of the proposed options will receive a message about a new sensor firmware
    - reload the watch
    Check the version of the sensor 6.60, run with gps and enjoy running metrics.

• Wow. Thanks a lot. You're my angle.

• Hi, did you manage to update the firmware of the HRM RUN1 sensor to 6.60?

• I already did and it's work perfectly well. Thank you much so for your help. Sob

• Hi Everyone I was able to update my V6.1 RUN-1 with the V6.6 file available on this thread using my FR955. After placing the file in RemoteSW folder, the update showed up in Sensors & Accessories menu of my watch with the sensor paired.