Software version 10

So with the latest beta up to 9.98 do you think there will be a major update to the watch OS for version 10? What new features would you like to see, or major improvements to existing ones.

No long on HR monitoring accuracy please.

• I think that most users of Garmin do Bike. So, I think a nice improviment is to make the indoor bike app, that implement the FE-CE protocol and allows to adjust a trainer direct by the watch. So things like sugest exercices basead on load (lile new edges) will become very very nice.

• just a few more... not something brand new but tweaking the existing feature set

1)stress as watch face field.. to know the current stress level without using widget

2) high stress alert if stress is above a threshold for say 10 minutes

3). some good choices and patterns as watch face background.. currently its just black or white.

4) turn left and turn right.. simple prompts or may be some mechanism like 1 beep for left and 2 for right

5) more options for Pulse OX.. may be every 2 hours or 4 hours etc. instead of just all night.

may be a few more...

• 5) more options for Pulse OX.. may be every 2 hours or 4 hours etc. instead of just all night.

Ah yes, I forgot all about that one, and that's something I suggested to them months ago. Having only 24/7, all-night, or one-time manual pulseOX reading as choices is no good. The first 2 options DRAIN the battery like no other, and the manual option stinks because you have to remember to do it every so often.

Ideally, I'd like to see a setting that lets you adjust both the interval and the duration. "Take readings for X minutes, every Y hours." That way you could have it take readings for 1 hour, once a day... or maybe take readings for 10 minutes, every 4 hours. Something like that.

Also, since PulseOX doesn't work if you're moving, it would be awesome if they automatically disabled PulseOX when the watch is detecting movement, and automatically turns it back on if the watch doesn't detect any substantial movement for, say, 5 minutes. That's the biggest problem with 24/7 PulseOX - it's trying to take readings all day long, but really only successfully getting readings for maybe 10% of the day because of movement.

• they still have the 9.9, then they'll have to bring some major improvement in order to deserve the change of the first number of the software version.

finger crossed for manual awake time, napping during the day (withings did it) , trueUp with body battery and RHR sync and watch faces with firstbeat data fields...

i'm good anyway, but it will be nice...

• I would like:

- more options for PulseOx

- napping during the day

- more accurate and responsive HR outside activity, choice for high frequency

- daily on device sugestiobs for workouts/hikes/walks/... based on previous activity and wishes (weight loose, strenght, x km hike goal...)

- more insight informations (on daily basis or multiple time per day)

• The ability to make tracks and routes display on the map screen (and choose a colour) without navigating them. Just like every Garmin GPS I've owned in 20 years can do!

• It is already possible, if I understood what you meant.

• Really? Please tell me how? That would be great!

• Well, don't think there'll be a major update - it's just reflecting the number of betas and internal builds since 9.0. I suppose they could release 9.100 if it didn't break Connect Slight smile

I'd like to see a decent GPS satellite page like the ones on the 310xt, so you can really tell what's going on when you're acquiring lock.

And a moon phase complication for the watch faces, which I recall the Fenix 3 had. (Maybe there is one somewhere but not for the faces I prefer)