So with the latest beta up to 9.98 do you think there will be a major update to the watch OS for version 10? What new features would you like to see, or major improvements to existing ones.
No long essays on HR monitoring accuracy please.
More native datafields. We got a steps datafield finally, but it would be great to also have:
More accurate HR monitoring would be nice.
They do implement our suggestions often, sometimes it just takes a while, and we on the forums tend to be pretty impatient sometimes. The FirstBeat sleep analytics (and accompanying widget), steps datafield…
I think that most users of Garmin do Bike. So, I think a nice improviment is to make the indoor bike app, that implement the FE-CE protocol and allows to adjust a trainer direct by the watch. So things like sugest exercices basead on load (lile new edges) will become very very nice.
just a few more... not something brand new but tweaking the existing feature set
1)stress as watch face field.. to know the current stress level without using widget
2) high stress alert if stress is above a threshold for say 10 minutes
3). some good choices and patterns as watch face background.. currently its just black or white.
4) turn left and turn right.. simple prompts or may be some mechanism like 1 beep for left and 2 for right
5) more options for Pulse OX.. may be every 2 hours or 4 hours etc. instead of just all night.
may be a few more...
they still have the 9.9, then they'll have to bring some major improvement in order to deserve the change of the first number of the software version.
finger crossed for manual awake time, napping during the day (withings did it) , trueUp with body battery and RHR sync and watch faces with firstbeat data fields...
i'm good anyway, but it will be nice...
I would like:
- more options for PulseOx
- napping during the day
- more accurate and responsive HR outside activity, choice for high frequency
- daily on device sugestiobs for workouts/hikes/walks/... based on previous activity and wishes (weight loose, strenght, x km hike goal...)
- more insight informations (on daily basis or multiple time per day)
Well, don't think there'll be a major update - it's just reflecting the number of betas and internal builds since 9.0. I suppose they could release 9.100 if it didn't break Connect
I'd like to see a decent GPS satellite page like the ones on the 310xt, so you can really tell what's going on when you're acquiring lock.
And a moon phase complication for the watch faces, which I recall the Fenix 3 had. (Maybe there is one somewhere but not for the faces I prefer)