Sleep duration with 9.92 beta

Since the 9.92 beta firmware was released, I collected the sleep data reported by my Fenix 6X and I noticed that the sleep duration is considering only the REM + Deep + Light sleep, but disregards the awake time. So even if you have some short awake moments during the night, those are not considered part of your sleep session and that seems odd to me. Maybe having a differentiation like Sleep Time vs Actual Sleep would help, otherwise people may be confused. The (so far) collected data is available here http://liviunastasa.com/2020/06/01/garmin-sleep-analysis-discovery-journey/.

Sleep duration

• Very interesting comparison! What I noticed is that when I wake up if I use the sleep widget to say that I wake up, the data saved in GC and GCM is as on the watch. If I let the watch to 'realised' when I am awake (usually after a while after walking etc) the data in GC and GCM need half a day to get to be the same as in watch.

Also noticed that my awake times are a little longer than before. But I have a feeling that this is truer (such a word exists?) than before.

• So far, I always let Garmin decide when I'm awake (that didn't worked that well for one of the nights) because I was annoyed by the fact that Polar Vantage V asked every day if I'm awake...so I'm doing that with as little intervention as possible. The data moved in GCM seems in line with what I see on the watch pretty fast - more like minutes, not hours.

Sensitivity seems higher, I agree - the awake time is higher than before, but also is similar to what I see with Polar.

• I think the awake time has always been subtracted from the total time from falling asleep to waking up, but that's based on occasional nights of very poor sleep when it was enough to be noticeable.

It's ridiculous with this beta - I'm seeing two to three hours "awake" some nights. Last night I drifted awake for a few minutes about 2am. The watch has logged me having two and a half hours awake. I don't think this is useful.

• I agree, the awake time is now very high compared with the previous measurements from Garmin. Last night Garmin says that I had 41 minutes of awake time, whereas Vantage V only sees 23 minutes which to me seems more accurate with that statement. Maybe Garmin is too sensitive with the current settings and that will be adjusted in next firmware releases.

• The feature has just been added, probably a little fine adjustment is still necessary. This will surely happen with the next updates.

• Same here - apparently I have been awake for almost 4h last night (not true, it was a few minutes at most). This puts my sleep time at 4h (I went to bed at midnight and got up at 8, so should be about 8 hours sleep).. So far it is way off....

• I had two cycles of sleep in the same night and the newest one is the one it kept. I am recovering from a back injury and slept through the night. Woke up to take dog out and then back to bed. The first sleep session is gone only recording the 2 hour sleep session after the original.