Fenix 6 Series - 9.92 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

UPDATE 6/4/20: We are currently investigating reports from beta testers regarding phone connection problems, or disconnects from sensors/headphones. We believe this was introduced in our 6.03 ANT/BLE software update for the Fenix 6/s/x Pro models. For those of you experiencing this issue, you can backdate to the previous ANT/BLE version 5.04 with the file in the attached folder. Unzip the file and place the GUP3293.GCD file in the Garmin\RemoteSW folder of your device. This issue only affects the Pro models.

ANT-BLE Backdate 5.04.zip

We have new software available for your upcoming adventures!

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

9.92 Change Log Notes:

• Added on-device sleep calculation (via added Sleep widget* (Menu > Widgets > Edit > +Add > Sleep). Requires Sensor Hub 7.04
  • Updated the UI for performance, Heart Rate, Training Status, Intensity minutes and Floors Climbed widgets. These are only minor visual changes
  • Fixed an issue with Powerbeats Pro audio control.
  • Fixed an issue where alarm labels were not being translated.

*On-device sleep calculations have now been added.  This information can only be viewed via the Sleep widget. Please follow included instructions above to add the widget. On-device sleep calculations can be viewed in Garmin Connect Mobile and Garmin Connect Web when using beta software 9.92 and above.  A few notes concerning on-device sleep and how it is viewed in GCM and GC-Web:

• The sleep cycle doughnut around the total hours of sleep in GC-Web does not currently match GCM or your watch.

• When looking at your sleep data in GCM or GC-Web, if REM sleep shows --, and your total sleep time does not match your watch, this means the old sleep data calculations are being shown.  It's an indication on device sleep has not yet been uploaded.  Please be patient and allow the data to upload.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.40
Sensor Hub: 7.04* (required for new Sleep tracking)
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models)6.03
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• I can't be only one who has seen sleep tracking become less accurate. It consistently reports I started my sleep 1-2 hours after I actually have.

• I have three data sources.  Me and my sense of myself, a Fitbit and Garmin.  Fitbit and I agree very closely.  Almost always.  Garmin is off on start time by one, two or three hours.  It used to be that you could manually force the system to consider the time in the delayed start and it would improve the calculation.  Today it merely fills in Awake.  Crude and incorrect in my opinion.  Frankly, Garmin is a disappointment.  Unless on-watch calculations lead to improved accuracy then they are missing the point.  Similarly, stress values drive recovery values.  Recovery drives training.  I have to factory reset every other day to keep stress calculations in the ballpark.  Are you serious?  Is it 2020?

• Sleep tracking WITH THE WIDGET seems to struggle if you have an extended break in your sleep. In my case a period of sleep from 20:30 to midnight was disregarded because I spent 2.5 hours awake from midnight until 02:30. Only the sleep from 02:30 to (say) 07:30 was recorded. Manually adjusting sleep start to the correct time just added six hours of "light sleep", ignoring the 2.5 hours awake entirely, or any finer details of deep and REM sleep.

Also, if you terminate sleep in the widget and then fall asleep again the data is a nonsense of additional "light sleep" without details for any time you add to the final end of sleep time.

I have removed the widget altogether. So far the results seem better, but maybe that is placebo. Certainly a lengthy awake period this morning was tracked correctly and a bit more sleep to follow was also included. I think the widget or the data from it are useless. The old system was more reliable for me.

• Yea, the other evening I knew I was going to need to wake up early in the morning, so I went to bed around 10, and took a sleeping pill. I was out cold by 10:30 at the latest yet Garmin's sleep tracking said I didn't go to sleep till 1AM.

I never had an issue with false positives with Garmin Sleep Tracking before, it was perfectly accurate...now it's completely off...and it also seems like my Body Battery/Stress is screwed as well. 

• I'm going to try removing the widget, if it accurately tonight detects when I actually fall asleep, it's something borked in the widget, if not, something changed in sleep calculation as well...I do suspect it's the widget itself though.

• When looking at your sleep data in GCM or GC-Web, if REM sleep shows --, and your total sleep time does not match your watch, this means the old sleep data calculations are being shown.  It's an indication on device sleep has not yet been uploaded.  Please be patient and allow the data to upload.

• this morning I woke up for some seconds, just to check the time at 6.20. And then slept one hour more. 

The sleep end time is now 6.20, it did not considered the additional hour. 

Same issue for me, if I get up briefly during the night and go back to bed, the watch stop tracking sleep.
    if I get up briefly for any reason (eg. bathroom), any sleep after that is not recorded properly

I had this issue the first two night, last two night is spot on. Anyway, the main issue is that when he stopped to track sleep changing it on GC Mobile it lose the movement of the hour you add. Before the update was not this the behaviour... 

Please try to modify and report to them also this issue. 

I can't be only one who has seen sleep tracking become less accurate. It consistently reports I started my sleep 1-2 hours after I actually have

How many night had you tracked? 

• After installing new SW I checked the watch and I am seeing a different Software Version 9.00 and CIQ 3.1.7

Anyone know why?

• Case scenario.  I get a mms or whatsapp message. Then 0-1 secs later person sends a second message.  Only the first is displayed from the sender. Watch should display both as one message, or at least two separate messages, and worst case, just last.

If I recall correctly,  the fenix 3hr used to display all nee msgs recieved as one (if person sent 2 or 3 or more one after the other)

I agree and I will report this issue, too. If you wait the notification disappear you will have a notification with only the second message and not the first one. Using Viber instead of SMS or whatsapp Is working in a different way. 

I will check if the Edge 820 will do the same to understand if it is a GCM issue. Which is the best way to report issues about GCweb and GCMobile? 

• 6XPro - Some issue here; 2 hours of sleep not recorded; edited and corrected the final hours and the sleep stages are correct in those 2 hours. But REM is still "__"  although I wake up 6 hours ago.