What is the "regular" battery drain in smartwatch mode for a F6 ?

Hello everyone,

Since I updated firmware to 9.00 the battery usage in smartwatch / daily mode (with WHR on and bluetooth connected to my phone) has increased to roughly 0.4, 0.5% per hour.
On previous FW versions, it was more between sth like 0.1 or 0.2...

GPS consumption has reduced and GPS accuracy is much better now... But this drain in smartwatch mode is a bit disappointing (although not so bad... Reduces battery life to 8 days instead of 14 or so).

Is anyone else seeing this ?
I have only stock watch face, no additional widget (apart from battery widget) and PulseOX is off.

• F6 should be at 0,3 per hour. I have the same problem with my 6x which should be at 0,2 ,but is at 0,3, which is 50% more drain. Opened sereval tickets with garmin but they just stop communicating.

• If you are using battery monitor software may I suggest you try the watch without it. I used a couple of battery widgets on my 5X+ and I got the impression they made the drain worse.

I have absolutely no need for such things on my 6X Pro Solar. I have battery % displayed on the watch face, so it is easy to monitor without extra widgets. Battery drain remains the same low figure for all firmware versions released since December. Charged to 81% on Friday evening the watch is down to 78% on Sunday morning (3% in 37 hours) with very little sun exposure (maybe 15 minutes) in between.

I take no special steps to save battery other than to disable pulse ox. WHR is enabled and smart phone notifications are on. I even had the weather widget installed, although I've removed it this morning as I have no use for it.

• same here. After the update it was at 0.5%, than i did a Hard Reset (Push/Hold Power Button) and now it sits at 0.3% (before it was between 0.1 and 0.2).

The difference is not negligible. 0.2% / hour --> around 5% / day. 0.5% / hour --> 12% / day.

• thanks all for your answers.
    I have removed battery widget as advised, and also i noticed Wifi was on (?!) even if no wifi network is set. So I disabled it, don't know if it has any impact but consumption seems a bit better now. I'm losing 1% every 3 or 4 hour roughly, which means I'm down to a pretty normal drain.

• WiFi won't work unles you start a sync over WiFi. But as no WiFi is set it shouldn't cause any drain.