Fenix 6X - since last week battery drains heavily!

Hi there,

first time, I am writing here, because, well, never had any issues and been using first the Fenix 5X and then upgraded to the 6X last September.

Since approximately seven days, the battery drains really fast! Have the watch since September last year and got solid battery life like charging it every 5 days while using it quiet intensively (around 900 activtiy minutes per week plus yoga everyday). Now, the battery has dropped from 95% to 10% within a day without my using it for any activity. I have de-installed all non-Garmin watchfaces as I thought Infocal would be the culprit. I also de-installed anything else Non-Garmin.

Yesterday, I got normal battery life. In the morning I had 5Days left, went running for 40 min and had 4Days this morning. Howevery, right this morning, it dropped again from 50% to 9% with no apparent reason. WLAN is switched off permanently. I certainly didn't drop the watch and can rule out physically damaging the cells.

The software is 9.0.0. I do not know whether the drop in battery life occurred right after update. The last update I noticed was for Bluetooth. 

Anybody else seen this behavior?

• I had same issue on my 6x pro. Tried back dating software then updating to beta software from Garmin but still no change. It went back under warranty and was replaced

• This happened to me once when I turned the pulse ox feature on to provide constant pulse ox readings (like he).  It drained the battery so fast.  Could that be what's going on?

• Hi there,
    thanks for the tipp! But I had the Pulse OX on from the very beginning. In my experience, the effect on the battery was limited. Also now, during the night, when PulseOX and Pulse are measured the draingage is very limited (2% this night).
    I kinda like the PulseOX in COVID19 times...

• It didn't change after the reset, unfortunately. 

• To close this thread: I have contacted Garmin Support and got an answer approx. four hours later - I should sent in the device. I am not too happy not having for a week or so since I am heavily using it. Maybe this is good data-detox. I heard rumors that you can do sports without monitoring everything;-) I guess that the Battery is dead or dying and that it is not a software issue after all. I went to bed with 53% battery left and woke up at 2:30 with the watch dead.

So, it is a good thing that they change the battery/the whole watch! I had for 3/4 of year and this rejuvenates it again. I am not planning to upgrade any time soon. With the 5X the small display really bugged me, but the 6X is perfect. Maybe, if they introduce Solar with Sapphire glas.... 

• This happened to me 10 weeks ago, after using Solar since September (battery drain and button issue). Garmin has kindly exchange it for new one after 12 days. Thanks god I could use in between my old good 3HR, detox would kill me...:-)

• Yeah running felt weird those last few days without having a watch Slight smile But it is also kind of liberating. I sent mine in on Tuesday and it is already on the way back. I'm not sure yet whether they repaired  or replaced the whole watch. 

Still I am quite disappointed. After all I based my decision on spending so much money on a fenix so I wouldn't have to worry about this kind of stuff. And even when everything is working again you wonder when this is gonna happen again.

• I just had exactly the same :-( From 95% yesterdays evening till 0% this morning...! 

Hmmm?

• Is it any better today?  Mine hasn't done it since

• I'm glad I'm not the only one.  The battery on my fenix 6x+ solar has tanked since the 9.0 upgrade.  I don't use the HR or pulse ox, don't use music, just bluetooth for notifications.  I charged it 2 days ago to 100% (looks like I need to consider 80% going forwards...), ran an hour each day, did nothing else - and it was at 10% just now.  Previously that type of use would get me a week of battery.

I did already try the soft reset, that didn't help.

Hopefully the engineers are figuring out what they did, so they can fix...

I'd rather not turn off bluetooth, but if that's part of the problem - I'd rather do that until they resolve.  Does anyone know if this helps ?