More secure watch band pins / springbars (lost both original ones in 12h, F6 Pro)?

I use an elastic watch band, the downside is that this band can hold onto the spring mechanism and compress the watchband-pin so it opens.

I used this watch band for a half a year and it never happened, but it happend twice in one day now, first while carrying some stuff where I had to push my hand inside a sort of tube and it opened the lower pin.

Then later in the night it opened up the top pin while pulling my hand away from under the pillow. My first thought was, ok the non original replacement pin sucks (the lower one was lost during the accident earlier), but it was the other one that opened up, the remaining original Garmin one.

So what alternatives are there? A pin that needs more force or even a tool to move the spring, a pin that is smooth and give no attack points for a elastic band to hold on and pull it open (Garmin one is really easy to grip).

Has Garmin used these pins before? Its odd that both failed within 12h, maybe the springs lost tension somehow, did Garmin do tests? I noticed my old F5 has fixed pins.

Edit / Conclusion: 
- quick fit bands are probably fine
- elastic bands (like Nick Mankeys) can catch them-self in the grooves meant to release the spring-bars and pop them out if stretched in an unlucky angle
- replacement spring bars arrived, they show the same tension as the old one I got left, so I guess it was just bad luck having them pop out in such a narrow time-frame suddenly

- the F6 uses a very uncommon large pivot diameter (that's the term for the end of the bar that fits into the watch), so there aren't probably any alternatives to use
- on diving watches it seems to be common to replace spring-bars every 6 month (again quick-fit user should be fine as the quick-fit mechanism covers/protects the spring-bar releases)
- Garmin customer support has replacements to send out, but not all support employees know about this and my say "not we can't help", try again with a different one

- for elastic bands you might want to check if you could fit a tube over the spring-bar or use nail-polish to glue them semi-permanent and smooth out the grooves a bit with it