This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Suggestion to add important health feature to Garmin watch

Dear Garmin

I do highly suggest to add a new specific  healthy feature to Garmin watch:

Please if you can work it out it's really very important and very benefialy. This feature aim suggesting to add is to measure the acidity or alkalinity of the blood .

The measurement of acidity or alkalinity of human blood is a very good indicator for health therefore adding this features to Garmin will be agree acheavment.

i did suggest this simply because the current Garment features including oxygen blood saturation+ Respiration + heart rate+ stress level+ muscle O2 saturation level: thus it's very possible to work it out to add this very important feature for measurement of acidity and alkalinity of the blood

i hope to consider this very important feature it will be in deed very great to add it at this critical time for facing Corona virus crisis

Kind Regards

Dr Abdull Ramadan

31/3/2020

Top Replies

All Replies

• Thanks - just a note, I was not ref to the F6's per se

• i wish to add ECG, blood pressure

and support multiple language for notification and call

• It frankly seems inconceivable that the existing sensor array on the F6 could be extended to monitor anything other than HR and SpO2.

Eventually many many sensors will be added as the technology allows.  Probably the most important would be a blood glucose sensor.  There are several companies trying to perfect a non-invasive continuous glucose monitor (search for "GlucoWatch" for one attempt).

Some other things that could be done with different sensors in the future:

• Electrolyte balance for detecting dehydration and hyponatremia (could be somewhat accurate but would require personal calibration for skin resistivity or something similar)
    • Skin temperature (would require a calibrated bottom and top temp sensors and would probably be only marginally accurate)
    • Blood Glucose -- HUGE win if it could be accurate and not require any disposable sensor pads
    • Blood PH might be doable eventually, particularly detecting Ketoacidosis which can be life-threatening in diabetics
    • Parkinsons sensor (since some people can smell it, it seems it could be done)
    • Seizure warning (again, dogs can smell oncoming seizures in some people)
    • Certain cancers
  • why are you so rude ???

• His response has been deleted for the personal attack. It is not acceptable. We are all here to help each other and there are many good ideas that come through the forums.

This thread has been locked.