iOS 13.4 Bluetooth Connection Problem

So, brand new Fenix 6X Pro. It simply won't connect to my iPhone X Max running iOS 13.4 beta. Tried all the usual stuff, turning bluetooth off and on. Turn the phone off and on. Turn the watch off and on. etc, etc.

Decided to try on my wife's phone. She is on the previous iOS version. Using her Garmin account on her phone, my watch connected straight away. 

Went back to my phone and again the watch won't connect. 

Anyone got any ideas? I think it might be that my phone is on different iOS firmware.

Thanks

• As long as you are on a final release of iOS version 13.4, you will be fine. If you are running a beta version, we are unable to support beta iOS versions since it is beta and not a final release. We update our Connect Mobile APP to be fully compatible with final versions of iOS.

If you are still having issues Bluetooth pairing through the Connect Mobile APP, please go through the Bluetooth Connectivity category in our Fenix 6 Series Product Support Center. If needed, use the contact option seen below the support categories to contact your Garmin regional product support. Please select your country first on the bottom left, then go back to the Product the Support Center to receive the correct contact information for where you live.

• Hi, thanks. My apologies, I am now on the final release of 13.4. I've logged an issue with Support so we should have a resolution in due course.

• anyone else has the problem with iOS 13.4?

• UPDATE on this. By activating the Virtual Run profile on the watch and opening the Zwift app on my phone, I was able to get the watch connected to the phone by Bluetooth. However, the Garmin Connect app still refuses to see the watch.

• Yes I have the same problem again. I had a ticket open for it and thought it got resolved but it is still there but more sporadically. The watch is connected to phone but the app says the watch is disconnected. Very annoying. I rebooted the phone and it went away.

• I am sorry you continue to have issues Bluetooth pairing through the Connect Mobile APP. Since iOS 13.4 was released 2-3 days ago. Researching all reports given worldwide and all co-workers working with the Fenix 6 series watches, we have not had any problematic reports since iOS 13.4 was released.

I am sending you a Private Message to work with you directly. It should be able to be resolved.

• I just purchased a Garmin Fenix 6s Pro Sapphire for my wife and it arrived today. She is on the final version of iOS 13.4 on her iPhone 11 pro. Initial setup went fine now it keeps having sync errors. I did a hard reset and repaired it and same thing now after the initial sync. Please help! :) 

• I played with it and found that turning off blue tooth on the phone then back on allows it to sync a couple of times. It's a quick fix but not a long term solution for her to keep the watch. :| 

• Hi,

I can confirm that with the Fenix 6 Pro watch and iPhone SE

In my case the problem is not related to the iOS 13.4. The same was with iOS 13.3.

After switching on the Bluetooth on iPhone and Fenix 6 watch is listed as connected in list of the Bluetooth devices and Garmin Connect app is able to connect to the watch and synchronize.

If I  just send the Garmin Connect app into background and after some time restore it - everything works as expected.

However, if I force the Garmin Connect app to close (in case of iPhone SE: double tapping the home button and then flicking the apps up and away), then after the next start of the Garmin Connect app - it is not able to connect to the Fenix 6 (watch is listed as connected in list of the Bluetooth devices).

My workaround is: switch off the Bluetooth on iPhone or Fenix 6 just to remove the watch from the list of the connected Bluetooth devices, switch on the Bluetooth,  and start the Garmin Connect app. In this case app is able to sync with watch again...

• I’m having crashing issues linked with Bluetooth connection repeatedly on my Fenix 3 HR since updating to iOS 13.4

Watch tries to connect via Bluetooth and crashes

Turned off Bluetooth on my phone - Fenix stayed on

Connected to my partners phone running iOS 13.1 - no issues