Fenix 6 Series - 8.73 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

The latest Fenix 6 beta software is now available for your upcoming adventures!

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

8.73 Change Log Notes:

• Fixed an issue where a CIQ watchface would crash if the user were to hit 'Back' from the incoming call page.
  • Fixed an issue where selection of an item in music lists (artist/genre) would yield a landing page for a different artist/genre.
  • Added support for downloading workout videos over Express or WiFi.
  • Added support for activities Climb Indoor and Bouldering.
  • Added support for a routes summary page to the activity review flow for Indoor Climb.
  • Added support for the device to manually add a shot through the measure shot page in Golf.
  • Updated the look and feel of the weather app.
  • Updated the look and feel of the End of Activity flow.
  • Improved the user experience layout for Altimeter, Barometer, and Notifications widgets.
  • Brought in cross-country ski improvements for Fenix 6 non-Pro models.
  • Made several improvements to the music experience.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.10
Sensor Hub: 5.06
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models)5.01
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• And you reported all this to the beta team before you reverted back?

• I agree with you. Garmin must fix HR problems. I also use vivoasmart 4 it is better than F6 in HR related functions.

• You do know that this is actually an official forum for Garmin, right ? Also, you do know that this is therefore an OFFICIAL topic for the beta releases, right ? Is this topic being locked or something ? You do understand that this means that this topic is open for discussion, which also means discussing the problems, bugs and errors of the beta release, right ? So why are you and some other particular members always bugging people that report bugs in the BETA TOPIC of the forum ? As stated in the OP's message, we report the bugs to the beta email address and also report them here for the other members to see too. Shall we not discuss them because you do not like that ? You have also seen that certain technical support also reply here, right ? That's the reason this topic is open for discussion, whereas for the final builds the topic is closed... 

• went for a walk today. My altimeter was set correctly at the start but it shift recording negative altitude just after few minutes. Started at +17 finished in the same location at -32.

Is anybody having the same issue following this beta update?

I've had this issue since 8.10.  Happens when I pause my run... and have Altimeter AutoCal on during an activity.

• Apparently it's not a high enough priority yet, if ever.  I'm sure there are analysts calculating which areas to focus on in order to maximize $

• Not sure if anyone else has run in to this, but I did an interval workout yesterday with the Run activity that was loaded on the watch from the calendar.  Everything worked as usual, but while I was on the special interval screen the alerts that my pace was too high or too low did not show up.  The tones still played as usual, but the alert page that shows your current pace and the orange or blue circle did not appear.

If I was on one of the standard data pages in the Run activity, the alerts appeared as usual.

Yes, I reported it to the beta e-mail already.  Just posting on here to see if anyone has noticed this as well.  I have another interval run today on my calendar so I will try again later to see if it is consistent.

• Have you sent a video to Beta Team? 

Battery drain is 20% higher in this beta.

The WHR out of activity is still present? Only to understand if they are doing some tests without officially speaking  about it.

• training status  unreliable (i went for a short walk and my fitness moved to peaking -really?)

This might not be an unreasonable outcome depending on what training you have been undertaking in the previous weeks. I am sure you are aware that the training status is a rolling result based on the previous few weeks training. (at least two possibly more). If your training has been varied then the status could easily be viewed as peaking which is what would happen if you were tapering off or reducing your training load.

Weather widget does not display

If you mean the detailed weather information does not display then I'd suggest this is possibly little to do with this particular beta version. There have been a number of us who have had issues with getting detailed weather information since product launch. I got excited yesterday when I did have the information but sadly that did not last. I'm now back to just the temperature.

• My advise: hand calibrate the altimeter and turn auto off both with activity and not activity. Set barometer with watch mode and check what happens. This with 8.10