CIQ data fields not working

My 6X thinks I have 2 CIQ data fields when none are actually used. Sometimes it thinks one is used and only lets me add 1.

I use Garmin power fields. Every time I start a new run, the running power data fields are replaced with the timer field. And when I try to change back to power, it tells me I need to remove CIQ fields before adding new CIQ field.

Anyone else have this issue and a possible solution?

• I have had this a number of time and it's really annoying. I don't understand why this is not fixed yet because I also had it on my F5+.

The only way to fix it is to uninstall the CIQ fields

• I, too, have had this happen before. I don't use CIQ datafields anymore, so I don't know that it's still an issue on my watch or not, but I seem to remember that I was able to fix it by going into the CIQ phone app and uninstalling, then reinstalling the datafields.

• this can happen due to corruption of the activity profile.

to resolve:

- delete the activity profile 

- add the activity profile back

- now you are able to add the ciq fields back

• I've had this happen on my 5X and now once on my 6X.   I fixed mine by just removing data screens one at a time, not just ones with a CIQ.  The problem went away after I removed a random one that just had time of day and watch battery on it (unrelated I'm sure).  After each removal I went in and tried to add a CIQ and for whatever reason that one let me. 

On a side note with the prior beta, during the Snow Drop 55 I ran over the new years, around hour 25 the Stryd CIQ went ! on me.  Removing it and adding it back didn't help, removing it and adding the updated power zone version also didn't fix it.  My other CIQ datafield, one I wrote, continued to work for the full 55 hours.   The fix ended up being rebooting the watch but I wasn't going to do that in the middle of a run like that so I only have stryd data for about half the race.  

So I'm curious what CIQ improvements have been made. 

• Mine has been occasionally rebooting usually when starting an activity.  Wasn't sure if it was 3rd party watch face or CIQ (all in one 3rd party data field).  I deleted *all* 3rd party faces fields etc including Spotify seems better now.  This is with the 5.76 Beta firmware.

• darrin, i'd wish there was some more guidance on watch and app crashes as it's actually very easy to see what/whom the culprit is. 

to see, connect watch with usb:

- file called err_log.txt in the root of the device or in the debug folder? this indicates a device or firmware problem. report the issue to garmin so it can be fixed.

- file called sns_err.txt in the root of the device folder or in the debug folder? this indicates a problem with one of your sensors or sensor readings. report the issue to garmin so the issue can be fixed.

- file called ciq_log.yml in the folder /garmin/apps/logs ? this is typically combined with an iq! displayed on the watch. send the content of the ciq_log.yml  file to the app author via contact developer so the issue can be fixed.

• That is awesome info, Peter, thanks! I'm saving those instructions for later. I haven't had any CIQ crashes in quite a while (mostly as an indirect result of my limited usage of them), but I experienced a lot of them back when I first started using the watch, and that info would've helped me tremendously.

• On my F6 Pro I was using Dozen cycle and Battery up/dow CIQ datafield. Now I bought RTL510 and want to install battery datafield for that. I wasn't able to add new CIQ datafield, so I removed DozenCycle, but it doesn't help. WTF is that?? Now i'm not even able to add back Dozen Cycle to the previous state. Restart didn't help, I was able to add that, but after selecting activity, the field is changed to stopwatch. I'm pretty much p**d off, I don't want unistall/install, reboot, try everything, I just want expensive watch to work as it should!Rage

• Firmware and the SDK used by the developer must match. Do you have the latest firmware? did the developer use the latest SDK? It's best to contact the developer.

• Yes I have latest FW10.10. But I can't even get the configuration back to what I used before without any problems... I will try to unistall/install the CIQ datafields again.