Fenix 6 - Battery lifetime

Hi at all,

I bought the new fenix 6 pro & Sapphire exactly a month ago and I noted a strange thing about the battery lifetime.

In the first day of my purchase, the fenix showed 12 days of battery lifetime, the secont time of re-charging it showed 11days of battery. In these last times always only 10days. :-( It's the fourth time that I re-charge my watch.

From the user's guide, Gamin write for my kind of watch 14 days of battery in smartwatch mode and heart rate monitoring. So, I expect to see at the end of the re-charge process, 14 days of battery.

Is it normal? Someone have the same situation? ... My fear is having a bad battery.

Thanks in advance for each answer.

RS

Top Replies

All Replies

• Depending on the configuration you will have more or less battery time. To get 14d of battery life PuseOX has to be off

• I think you’ll find the words “up to’ in the battery usage information. And they would be under ideal conditions likely with all sensors off and the watch sat on a table. The reality is that most of likely buy the watch to use. 

• Hi ,

just turned off the PulseOX and the lifetime goes to 14 days. :-) 

The first days, I was so happy for the my toy toys that I don't remenber if the sensor was active or not.

Anyway, now I have no more the doubt of some problem about the watch. 

Thanks.

• Hi @philipshambrook ,

you are right! In the user's guide, it is written  ...." up to" :-DDDDD .    Now, I sure that my wonderful Fenix hasn't problem. So, I need only use it and focus on my activies!! ;-)

Thanks

ps: Very nice your logo!

• Also, don't worry if you don't get 14 days out of the battery, even when your watch estimates 14 days on a full charge. The "up to 14 days" estimate is based on what the watch could do if you used OHR and have it connected to your phone over BT, but don't use anything else beyond that. In the real world, I think most users will only get 50-75% of the estimated number of days remaining.

My 6X usually estimates 19 days on a full charge, but realistically I usually get between 10-14 days between charges because of my usage. Sometimes I've gotten "only" 6 days because of recording long hiking activities. It's kind of like how a car might be rated at up to 30mpg - you're only really going to get that if you drive like a grandma, and only on highways.

Long story short, don't stress about the estimate, just enjoy the watch and charge it whenever it needs it Slight smile

• It's easy to get hung up on the battery life if all you are looking to use it for is as a Smart Watch. I get the impression that some of the people who are getting excited about losing a tiny fraction of a percentage a day are doing just that.  Like  I use mine to record activities so the battery life is very changeable. However, even recording 10 - 15 hours of GPS logged activities weekly I find I still have plenty of charge left and don't need to top up the charge more than once a week.

And yes PulseOX eats up the battery. Cannot understand why the default setting out of the box is PulseOX on all day.

• On my brand new F6X Solar the battery latest for exactly 14 days of use, this included:

- 11,5 hours of outdoor sport (GPS+Galileo)

- 6 hours of indoors sport

- 2 hours of listening music

-  WHR 24/7

- Pulsoximeter at sleep

- Power saving mode from 22:30 to 7:00

I am more than happy with the battery life of my brand new F6X Solar, on my previous MK1 I enjoyed 7-9 days typically.