Overstating distance

I ran 4km side by side with my wife this evening. I wore my Fenix 6 pro , she wore her forerunner 245. My Fenix recorded the distance as 5.6k whilst her watch recorded the correct distance. The maps on Garmin connect showed equivalent routes were ran. Whilst we were running our stats were the same on our watches. It was just when we saved our runs that tge watches showed different stars for the completed runs. Any clues as to why Fenix could be so wrong. I’ve had a slew of Garmin products and this is the first time one has recorded distance wrongly

• Would you post images of the tracks or links to the activities? Since most people are complaining that the F6 is recording short by a few percent, your almost 40% error is well off. 

How long have you had the watch? How many other activities have you recorded with it? What version of software? What GPS combination?

You might want to start a conversation with Garmin Support.

• I edited the total so that my overall stats were not too messed up. ( it originally had my mile record as 3.58mins.! ). as you can see Lap 5 has some unusual stats).I have had this for a month but I generally have 3 activities a day ( running, cycling, walking). I’ll reset and see how I get on