Fenix 6 Series - 5.76 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

5.76 Change Log Notes:

• Fixed an intermittent issue that could lead to rapid battery drain on music products.
  • Made some improvements to the DogTracker widget.
  • Made several other bug fixes and code improvements.

We have temporarily removed in-activity data field editing in this beta. We have identified a few bugs and while they are difficult to reproduce, we do not want our customers to experience these issues. When these bugs are resolved, this feature will be added back in to software.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 2.60
Sensor Hub: 4.20
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 4.30
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.10
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• That sort of behaviour doesn’t look very encouraging, does it. 

Garmin, why don’t we just go back to 3.10 and start over???

• just to appease the 2 or 3 users who like to go running without recording an activity

For me it’s not about running, but cycling to and from work for a few hours a week. I don’t want to use an activity profile for that kind of activity, and mess up my VO2 max on my city bike, but I do want to measure my OHR during those hours. Even with 5.75 (and 4.11 sensor) OHR is more often than not off by 50-60 bpm during cycling. I even get inactivity warnings during cycling when my heartrate is actually 140+. If Fitbit can get this right in a 100 dollar tracker I don’t understand why we have to accept this?

(and no: wrist placement is not the problem here, as I’ve learned I can start an activity profile (e.g. indoor cycling) when cycling and from that point my OHR tracking is accurate. Funny thing is I can stop and delete the activity after a few minutes and after that the outside OHR stays accurate for most of the time).

• Its a fitness tracker, that track ones calories 24/7, coupled with myfitnespal its important that it measure the HR correct in a activity and out of activity, 24/7.

• The broadcast heart rate mode on fenix6 is for, for example, Edge830.
    Since the broadcast HR on fenix6 doesn't work correctly now, I use the indoor bike activity on fenix6 for broadcasting HR to Edge830 and destroy the activity log on fenix6 after working out.

It's a bother and short battery life.
    Thus, I want to use the broadcast HR mode on fenix6.

• If you dont have a powermeter on your city bike it will not give You a Vo2max. I commute with my Hybrid about 60km a week and offen reach about 170 in HR and it does not give me a vo2max because I dont have a powermeter.

• At work or other places I offen reach about 160-170 in HR outside a activity with my Fenix 5X, I do use the NEAT factor, I run in stears, I run everywere, carry heavy stuff in high speeds. One have to se the hole picture in fitness, that is to measure 24/7 to sculpture a healthy body with about 10-15% bodyfat or similar with much muscle mass, track calories in and out etc. Thats how a fitness tracker should work. A male should at least reach 3000 calories burned a day. I am 51 years old with 6-pack, blod preassure 109/62 and I am not on steriods:) About 70-90 % of males in the developed countries are obese/fat and it cost a lot of money and give a lot of diseases

• Fenix 6 Sapphire, 5.75 beta 

It seems I do not get anymore the lap audio alerts  via connected phone speakers

Before 5.74 beta, i was getting the lap number and time alert on the watch face and, also, as audio message via the connected phone speakers

Now I only get the alert on the watch without speaking it out loud on the phone. It was working perfect before 5.74/5.75

I've checked the settings and it seems correct  

Will give it a try this evening with 5.76

• 90% of my recorded activities are done using an HRM strap. 

But I expect to have a correct reading of data when not recording an activity(normal home, work, in the city, sleep time). For these times it's important for me to know how my HR is when climbing the stairs, walking or using a more alert pace to the bus station and so on. That's why we have 24/7 tracking activated. 

Otherwise just say that 24/7 tracking is not reliable when advertising/selling a product. 

• I've checked the settings and it seems correct  

I’m getting the audio prompts/alerts through headphones fine. Have you checked the settings on the watch reflect those you show above from GCM (Menu>Audio Prompts)? It could just be a settings sync issue, which I have seen in the past (remove watch from GCM and then re-add may be required to clear, if the issue persists).

• I've just checked on the watch

- :Lap Alert ON

-  Activity Alerts ON

I have never used the headphones. And I was always getting the audio alerts via phone. 

Also I'm 100% sure the connection with the phone worked - i'm  getting on the watch the notifications for new emails or social apps messages while riding