This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No email notifications

Good morning.

I have a fenix 6 sapphire. I do not receive any email notifications, and I am perplexed. I have a gmail and at&t email account. I believe I have set all permissions correctly. I do receive all text notifications and weather alerts from my weather apps.

Are there specific configurations for email I may not be aware of? Thanks

• What phone? What OS and version?

• Galaxy Note 10 plus. Android 10. 

Fenix 6 is software version 5

Thanks

• Does your phone display your email alerts at the top? If not, then that's why Garmin Connect isn't getting them. In that case, you'd need to check your settings for your email app to make sure to turn notifications on for it.

If your phone is displaying the alerts, but the watch isn't, then maybe alerts for that email app are turned off in Connect. Open the Connect app, go to Settings, then Notifications, then App Notifications. Scroll down to your email app in the list, and make sure it's turned on.

• Partial fix found. I am now receiving gmail notifications, not at&t. I made a couple of changes. Not sure which one fixed the issue. Here is everything I did: 1) Like some edge 830 users that had problems receiving notifications, I turned off the notifications setting on my fenix 6, then turned it back on. 2) I went into gmail on my computer, not phone or tablet. I went to settings/advanced and turned on preview. Each time I made a change, I turned off/on both my fenix 6 and phone. This morning gmail notifications started arriving. Again, not sure which change actually worked.

• Tap Notification and select the notification level. Click the inbox notification. Note: If you are using Android O and higher, click Manage notifications. Under your account, make sure to set the switch to "On".

• Galaxy S21 Andriod 11

What could be?

• Tap Notifications and select a notification level. Tap Inbox notifications. Note: If you're using Android O and above, tap Manage notifications. Under your account, make sure the switch is set to On.