Fenix 6 Pro shuts down constantly after 5.0 update, unusable

So I was very happy with the watch.  All was good.  Then I updated to 5.0.   Now if I used the quick menu or navigate more than twice it shuts down.  Sometimes it takes 20 times to restart it (15 seconds then once) sometimes charging for a minute or two helps it come back, right now it just won't restart no matter what.  

I know i can return it, but since it was fine until 5 it seems there is a good chance it is a bug, not hardware.   That said, the upper left button seems to shut it down more often than not (not 100% sure, but I think so), and that button seems to not do what it is supposed to all the time, it may do something else on occasion.  Just the timing seems odd that all of this only started after 5.0.

I guess 5.72 isn't really coming out for a month or two?  I can't wait that long, so that may answer the question right there, I'll just return it.  If there was a new firmware coming soon I could perhaps wait.

Any general comments or anyone else getting constant shutdowns after 5.0 update?